PDA

View Full Version : Windows 10 Pro update failed

R.M.
03-08-2015, 07:12 PM
When I look at my Windows Update info, I find the above has failed six times! :annoyed:

Is that normal or expected behaviour?

Thx.

Speedy Gonzales
03-08-2015, 07:17 PM
Whats the error. And what was it trying to install?? It can error if its trying to install drivers that you've already installed

wainuitech
03-08-2015, 07:20 PM
When I look at my Windows Update info, I find the above has failed six times! :annoyed:

Is that normal or expected behaviour?

Thx. Its normal behavior for the upgrade Via the inbuilt updates. What that basically means is its tried and MS have said no not yet - not your turn.

This is from a W8.1 that I'm in no hurry to change.

If you want to upgrade, give them the finger :p download the ISO for your version, make either a DVD or USB drive. While windows is running use the setup from the DVD/USB and it will install and upgrade.

On the insider program and several other forums, there's been a lot of people saying there's a higher failure rate from the one MS are pushing out compared to installing from DVD/USB.

EVERY install I've done is from a USB or DVD. Every one had gone 100%, all the failures I've had to fix have been from the MS downloaded (like you have).

R.M.
03-08-2015, 07:36 PM
Yes - understand now. I'm actually happy about that, as I plan (is that the right word? More correct is that I 'need' to reformat and repartition etc, etc C Drive yet again). I always approach this somewhat nervously! So keep me and my fiddling in your prayers...

You will no doubt be asked for help as and when I need help. :)

R.M.
03-08-2015, 09:34 PM
Yes thanks. I now have the .ISO file downloaded and burnt safely onto a DVD disc. So all good so far.