PDA

View Full Version : Modem playing up

curly
27-07-2015, 09:48 AM
Been away from home to find our home network seems scrambled up! (We were away 10 days.)
When trying to get online, news works pretty well but our mail setup fails, totally.
Sending of password for user Slatron failed, mail server pop3.xtra.co.nz, responded
(#incorrect username or password.

Our network name (SSID) is TWCAPC5B182 and the password 7c7e89bb32.

Any help to get this sorted out.

Speedy Gonzales
27-07-2015, 10:29 AM
Err probably not a good idea posting your wireless password in here. Ring TC or look on their site. And see if they've had or got probs

dugimodo
27-07-2015, 10:57 AM
It's your E-mail password the error is referring to not the Wi-Fi one, and as Speedy mentions you should never publicly announce a password.

Try logging into webmail https://login.yahoo.com/config/login_verify2?.partner=tnz&.intl=nz and see if that works.
What E-mail program? I use windows Live mail and periodically it makes me re enter the password even though it's saved and not changed. A little irritating but easily sorted.

Agent_24
31-07-2015, 01:53 PM
Looks like a default password\SSID too... I would change it... there have been several instances of vulnerability in default router passwords that can be reverse-generated from looking at the default SSID or serial number... and turn off WPS (WiFi protected setup) if you have it.