PDA

View Full Version : Avast passwords

Vince
12-07-2015, 08:35 AM
I just tried to post the following on the Avast forum.

"Every time I try to logon to an Avast site, I have the same problem. They wont allow me to paste my password, or email!
I use a password manager to generate and save passwords that are so secure that I dont even know what they are.
They need to be pasted.
Avast's disabling of the paste option seems calculated to force users to use weak passwords that can be easily remembered, or kept in a text file!! Do they want us to use "password" or "123456"? Can any one tell me how to enter an Avast site with a [b]strong[b] password?"

(it applies to all Avast sites)
When I clicked "Send message", I got this: response {The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:

No recipients specified.

To:[ ]}

Apparently they have changed the page. I have no idea who the recipients should be.

Does anyone here know how this very strange site works?

dugimodo
12-07-2015, 11:09 AM
Not a clue but have you tried ctrl-v to paste? often it works when other methods don't.

ruup
12-07-2015, 11:36 AM
Could it be a browser (has it updated recently) or a browser addon / extension issue maybe?

wainuitech
12-07-2015, 12:22 PM
Its NOT avast thats causing the problem.

Just created a Account with Avast, then saved the user name and password to a txt file, then using another PC, logged in by copy / Pasting the details.

Had similar problem the other day with a Persons PC you couldn't paste in usernames and on secure sites you couldn't even enter details ( three different browser) -- They had Avast AV and the computer was totally riddled with infections. Malwarebytes detected 2548 items, Nod32 found a further 40 after that.

Infections / Malware can cause the exact problem you are having

Can any one tell me how to enter an Avast site with a [b]strong[b] password?"
Your browser has an option to remember passwords, its on by default on most browsers, if its not offering then its either been disabled or blocked, damaged.

wainuitech
12-07-2015, 01:18 PM
Just a followup, found the following on Avast Forums -- Its relating to changing a password, but could be your problem as well.

https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=163257.0

Have a read of the first reply, it could be the very password manger you are using thats causing the problem.

As a test, simply use your normal email to login, then from a txt file copy some random text and see if it will paste in ( of course it wont log you in) . If it does enter then the problems your manager. If not then theres a problem on the Computers Browsers, because you can copy / paste to Avast Forums login - tried it :)

Vince
13-07-2015, 08:43 PM
Everyone has replied to the message I tried to send, not to my question, which is,_

"When I clicked "Send message", I got this: response {The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
No recipients specified.
To:[ ]}
Apparently they have changed the page. I have no idea who the recipients should be."

That is Who should the recipient be?

wainuitech
13-07-2015, 09:36 PM
You have actually asked two questions, 1 of which has already been answered here -- you can copy/paste user details into the log-in boxes.

As per the link I posted, if you are trying to copy paste from a password manager then of course it wont work, as passwords should be encrypted and shouldn't decrypt by copy/paste. If they were in plain txt on a document you have then not a problem.

Complete run through:

As for posting - It depends on how you are posting-- if its a new topic, you go to the home page, select whatever base topic suits, then on the next page on the right is:

Select which one you want and make the post.

If you are replying to a post, its exactly the same click on reply, and make your comment, fill in the capture at the bottom, click Post.

The forum is working perfectly -- Just tried it, and the comment posted instantly like it should.

The temptation to make a negative comment on how bad Avast is was hard :D

Its entirely possible if you cant post that its Avast itself causing the problem -- Wouldn't that be ironic ;)

As for Sending Message, you HAVE to put the persons user name in the highlighted box. You start typing the persons name you want to send the message to, and a drop down box appears giving user names that match what you are typing.
Example, using your user name here:

kaiharry12
14-07-2015, 07:20 PM
avast passwords was so nasisery for every thing