PDA

View Full Version : Google Chrome problem

ianhnz
07-07-2015, 08:23 AM
Hi all and hoping you can please assist.
I have used Google chrome on my desktop, laptop and now my "smartphone. (:pf1mobile:)
Yesterday while in settings I pushed the wrong button and lost all my passwords.
Everything else is still there and the "smartphone" still has the passwords.
I'm logged into my default Gmail account.
Please help, as, her indoors is not happy with me.
:thanks
Ian

ianhnz
07-07-2015, 10:06 AM
Help, please?
I've been over and over all the settings, but still can't find me passowrds

Speedy Gonzales
07-07-2015, 10:54 AM
Would help but I dont use Chrome. Its way too buggy

Did you write them down?

ianhnz
07-07-2015, 11:16 AM
Would help but I dont use Chrome. Its way too buggy

Did you write them down?

Hi ya Speed and thanks for trying.

We use it because the desktop and lappy share the browsers, to don't need to set them all up.

My smart phone and yes after some 62 years I finally have one, uses it any ways.

Strange how the passwords are still on phone, but not two computers.

Something a bit strange with my spell checker too......

ianhnz
07-07-2015, 11:17 AM
Anyways, I thought ww was not supposed to write passwords down?

I've seen programs that say they store them, but unsure about that.

Kame
07-07-2015, 12:41 PM
Not sure what you are actually asking for help for?

Anyways on the smartphone, the browser stores the password and can be viewed from inside the settings.

Don't ever rely on this, you are better off just remembering your password, and if you cant do that use a password manager.

Passphrases are easier and strong.

Cheers,

KK

linw
07-07-2015, 12:58 PM
The desktop Chrome has the ability to sync passwords under Settings/Sign-in/Advanced sync settings. Tick the password box.

Go here for how to set sync on the phone https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/165139?hl=en Syncing all was the default on my tablet.

Try the desktop setting and see whether it does anything. But turn the phone off in case it syncs the desktop deleted passwords!

Syncing can be problematic in my experience, unless you know exactly what it was designed to do!

Good luck.

BTW, I use 'Password Safe' to store my passwords but there are others as well.

ianhnz
07-07-2015, 01:58 PM
Not sure what you are actually asking for help for?

Anyways on the smartphone, the browser stores the password and can be viewed from inside the settings.

Don't ever rely on this, you are better off just remembering your password, and if you cant do that use a password manager.

Passphrases are easier and strong.

Cheers,

KK

What Im asking is, "How do I get all the passwords back"?
They must be still there as smart phone stills has them.

mzee
07-07-2015, 03:04 PM
Can you export them, or sync them with Google?
Maybe you could copy (as in write) them on paper then use them where you want?

07-07-2015, 04:07 PM
Passwords for what, you need to be specific. Gmail, particular websites, bank a/c's ?
Some wont be easily extracted from the ph, and will have to be reset .

But it looks like no, you'll need to reset some of them (Gmail for a start) . The ph doesnt store the actuall password, just a token .
http://security.stackexchange.com/questions/38459/can-the-gmail-password-be-recovered-from-the-android-gmail-app

07-07-2015, 04:08 PM
reset google pass
https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/41078?hl=en

Kame
07-07-2015, 08:51 PM
In settings, there's a saved password on, go inside that and it shows all passwords saved on the phone.

This is a terrible thing.

Cheers,

KK

wainuitech
09-07-2015, 09:27 AM
But it looks like no, you'll need to reset some of them (Gmail for a start) . The ph doesnt store the actuall password, just a token .
http://security.stackexchange.com/questions/38459/can-the-gmail-password-be-recovered-from-the-android-gmail-app Had the exact same problem on Sunday on a family members Samsung Tablet.
She had written down the password, but it was wrong. As per the linked article:
The token value is enough to read incoming emails, send emails, and alter the mailbox. It does not, however, give any power beyond these operations, so knowing the token value does not give you access to the actual password or to other Google sites (like Google+). The App stores the token value, not the user password.
In settings, there's a saved password on, go inside that and it shows all passwords saved on the phone.That area was totally blank, even though it was on - We tried to locate the password but it simply wasn't there. She could send and receive emails OK from the tablet, but actually trying to get into her Google account (even from a real computer) it wouldn't accept the password. The tablet showed the email address fine, but that was all.

Went to reset it, but of course she didn't know her xtra email password so couldn't log into Sparks web mail and get the recovery link, so couldn't do it while at my house.