PDA

View Full Version : Why does the illegal performance dialog pops up?

25-12-2001, 05:56 PM
Hi, does any one know why the Illegal performance dialog keeps poping up when you are surfing the net, then follow by a dialog say [one of your window(or something) has stop responding and will be closed. Then restart your computer.] something like that. So can any one tell me what is causing this problem? I running a computer that has Win98SE, 196mb ram(8mb is shared so that make it 184mb) I have try scan disk and disk defragmenter about 3x and nothing seem to work. I heard about typing [rundll32 setupwbv.dll,IE5Maintenance] in Start-Run and then choose repair IE but that option wasn't available.
So can any one help me? I will be really grateful.

ps: does any one know where I can download Java script for IE?
Thanks alot

25-12-2001, 06:59 PM
You may want to repair Internet Explorer for corrupt files. You do not have to go the way you said. Here is how:
1. Click Start?Settings?Control Panel.
2. Click Add/Remove Programs.
3. Scroll down the list until you find:
Microsoft Internet Explorer 5 and Internet Tools.
The 5 will be the version number of IE you have on your system.
4. Click Add/Remove.
5. Click Repair Internet Explorer, and then click OK.

Internet Explorer will then replace corrupt files with new ones.

The Microsoft Java Virtual Machine is downloaded the first time you come to a site which has Java on it. However, if you would like to get it before that time comes, then just click on Tools?Windows Update in Internet Explorer, and then find the Microsoft Java VM there.

25-12-2001, 10:07 PM
Sorry to bother you, but in the Add/Remove Programs mine doesn't have Microsoft Internet Explore? Is it still possible to download or find IE 5 or 5.5 on the net?
Sorry