PDA

View Full Version : W 10 preparation

effie c
04-07-2015, 02:34 PM
Hi all,

By the looks of things W 10 install preparations are coming along nicely and I want to have as clean a computer base against unnecessary programs, some of which my W 7 Pro probably has.

Either way I want to delete / uninstall , what programs are already not needed, even if I stay with W7 Pro. let alone W 10

My point being in my ignorance have I got a lot of superfluous programs ( ie instead of various anti-malware in place of ) windows defender//

It could be if you see what I have copied from "system configuration"-- a lot of the list has been stopped from running anyway-- probably by me over the centuaries I have been driving computers :clap 1997 to be exact and using F1 about the same time ( with greatful thanks believe me)

Can you genius' advise please?

groove monitor/Microsoft in start up/application experience/application layer gateway service/appwindow end point builder/bitlocker drive encriptiom service/background intelligence transfer/bluetoothsupport service/com+system application/AHCP client /wired auto configuration homegtoup provider/smartcard / tablet input service

Effie c

Speedy Gonzales
04-07-2015, 06:44 PM
groove monitor is part of office I think. Probably need it if its a service. The rest of them are services and need to run.

Windows 10 will check what drivers etc are compatible not the services that are on it. It'll probably enable them again anyway

effie c
04-07-2015, 08:45 PM
Hi Speedy

As usual you are worth your weight in gold---thank you
Effie c