PDA

View Full Version : Sticking/stuttering mouse and audio

Emsley
21-06-2015, 01:44 PM
I have an older HP running XP and last week had a new motherboard installed plus Trend Micro security. The shop ran a heap of Microsoft updates as well.Anyway, I've noticed that the mouse seems to stick or 'stutter' when moving it around the desktop. Plus when trying to play say Youtube, the sound has lots of crackles and stutters as well. I explored the net and some posts identify 'Intel (R) Technology Access service as a culprit but I can't see it listed in task manager or programmes list anyway.

Appreciate any ideas on how to rid this annoying problem otherwise I'l take it back to the shop in the morning!

Cheers
Chris

Speedy Gonzales
21-06-2015, 01:50 PM
Looks like you maybe right about Intel (R) Technology Access service. You can try what someone did I just read on a forum. Msconfig / services.

Disable that service then reboot. Or disable it under services. It looks like this service, when its running can eat all of the ram up !

It looks like this service is used if you're using ethernet through USB. Are you? Some people may use this to get online. So if you uninstall it, you may not get online again

Agent_24
23-06-2015, 10:00 PM
Have all the drivers for the new motherboard been installed?