PDA

View Full Version : Dashlane

ruup
11-06-2015, 06:18 PM
I have been thinking of installing Dashlane,what, if any are the downsides?

Speedy Gonzales
11-06-2015, 06:27 PM
Never heard of it till now. And never used it

wainuitech
11-06-2015, 07:12 PM
Never used or heard of it either BUT after reading their site

From the site:
Dashlane’s autologin is better than other products. It logs me in without having to do anything, and it’s faster, easier, and seamless.------------- With Dashlane, I never have to remember to have my wallet next to me. I can go on any site, and my credit card is on me. 1st thought -- You misplace or have your phone / Tablet stolen , HELLOOOOOOO who ever opens it NOW has access to everything that it holds and syncs , bank accounts, other important places ---- OK you need a master password, BUT often people use simple passwords - No thanks.

Davoid
12-06-2015, 07:26 AM
I have been using Dashlane for a while now and yes I have a difficult master password made up of letters, numbers and symbols. Any one who uses a simple password is just asking for trouble down the track. I like that my passwords are synced online as if I have a drive failure, I am able to retrieve the list easily. How many people end up printing off there password list and just leave it sitting in a draw somewhere (no printed list here as backup). I have used Roboform and 1Password, but I would have to say that Dashlane would be my favorite. I also like that if I am say at my brothers or another family members place and am wanting to log into one of my secure sites, I can get my password from Dashlane via a web browser and copy and paste into the said site. No software is completely full proof, but I feel I take all the precautions I can to keep my online use as safe as possible. You can disable the online sync if you wish.
Another thing I like about Dashlane is that under Security Dashboard, it gives a detailed password analysis showing you the passwords with week strength and other info, also makes it easy to change the password for the site if you wish.
Also none of my credit card, bank account info is entered into dashlane, this is just an option which I don't use.