PDA

View Full Version : LG phone - replace back the baseband

Nomad
07-06-2015, 09:47 PM
My LG Optimus G original. 4G worked before but outside of Korea I read others who updated their OS 4G doesn't work. I read there might be a way to root it .

But anyway, I made the mistake of flashing my ROM to a Korean Firmware. Now my phone doesn't get a signal. I have the baseband. How do I apply it? I have set my phone to USB Debugging mode. What software do I need etc?

Chilling_Silence
07-06-2015, 10:28 PM
It's not enough to be in USB Debugging Mode, that'll only enable "ADB" (Android Debug Bridge) which works from within Android itself, and also is used for sideloading within Recovery. However, you want to be in Fastboot Mode (at the Bootloader level) and flash it from there.

To get in to Fastboot on most phones it's one of the Volume Keys + Power. On Samsungs it's Vol-Down + Home + Power (They call it 'download mode', vol-up takes you to Recovery).

Think of it like this:
Fastboot is the Bootloader, the first thing your phone sees when it gets turned on, kinda like the BIOS.
From there, you can flash a custom Recovery (OS Manager), flash the firmware in some instances, flash a custom RADIO Firmware etc too

Hope that points you in the right direction

Nomad
07-06-2015, 10:37 PM
Thanks for that I will try it tomorrow. I have the baseband now downloaded. I copy that to the internal memory of the phone. I don't need a batch file or anything? I can run that thru that fastboot mode?

Google tells me this thing - flash_baseband.bat

Chilling_Silence
08-06-2015, 10:17 AM
Usually you don't need it on the internal memory, you'd copy it by hooking it up to your PC through a USB cable.

Nomad
08-06-2015, 09:30 PM
Usually you don't need it on the internal memory, you'd copy it by hooking it up to your PC through a USB cable.

Phone is now rooted and is said to be a superuser.

Maybe the bootloader is still locked? I have installed Java and Android SDK. Nothing happens when phone is plugged in. After it is off if I press volume up and power button it goes into recovery mode but doesn't give me options. It just says service centre blah blah or press power button for 8 seconds to use phone.

Nomad
08-06-2015, 10:08 PM
It was locked. I had to use FreeGee app to unlock it. Now when I press the two key combination I can choose "start" normal, recovery or restart bootloader. Now let's see .... The more I read online it seems this is a notorious phone to unlock.