PDA

View Full Version : Chrome Buffering ....

AppleFan
31-05-2015, 10:25 PM
Hey this has been happening recently i notice Chrome when i change the video to 1080p the video does a little buffering then it plays fine for some videos but most not . I can hear the sound work smoothly but video is bit behind . This is only seen in Chrome , Internet Explorer is fine but i feel it is affected too but not like Chrome from time to time does buffering .

I have tried reinstalling Chrome , Checked Malware - no infection , did speed test , speed is good at around 14 mpbs download .

Do note this problem is seen with 1080p , when i select other video settings like 720p , no problem it plays fine .

I suspect video card ???

Im using Windows 7 32 bit with 3GB Ram .

Thanks

mzee
31-05-2015, 10:56 PM
Your Broadband speed may be good in a local test, but is it good between you and the Video server? Also you may have a Band width problem. Imagine a tap with a small diameter pipe, the pressure is high, the water is fast, but the volume is low. Conversely, you could have a large pipe at the same pressure producing a larger volume at a slower speed. Somewhere between your Router and the Video source there is a restriction. With the state of the old phone lines it is amazing that the Internet works as well as it does. Maybe you could download the video before you view it in High Definition.

AppleFan
31-05-2015, 11:03 PM
Hey mzee , thanks for that information . This problem is in only one of my laptop , the other one which im writing this message now plays video fine in 1080p .
I did contact spark and i had a chat with a lady , she asked what browser you using , i said Chrome . Then She said im also having the same problem , which i laughed , so i dont know how many people are affected as iam . So She then suggested me to use Internet Explorer which that plays fine .

AppleFan
02-06-2015, 10:23 PM
I did system restore - no changes , removed antivirus - no changes , reinstalled chrome - no changes , and a couple of other things .

Can anyone please suggest me a thing to try .

It was not like this before .

Thanks

Speedy Gonzales
03-06-2015, 11:25 AM
A better browser

mzee
03-06-2015, 07:56 PM
There is an extension for Chrome "SmartVideo For YouTube™" which keeps the buffering on, but only seems to work with You Tube.
Have you tried updating the WiFi driver?
You could try Opera or Firefox browsers. My son finds Opera to be faster.

AppleFan
03-06-2015, 10:10 PM
Thanks mzee i did try that and it did make a difference but some videos are still seen that buffering icon . I think it might be due to the format the video is maybe my computer can't keep up to that standard because the one that im writing now is fine , no problems .
No i haven't but i tried updating graphics drivers cause i thought that is the cause .
So yeah firefox is also affected i have seen , it is just that Internet Explorer is not affected which is funny to me and i might try opera and see what that is like but i can say im getting good speed of around 13/14mbps per seconds and i notice upload is good to 0.90 . That is for ADSL Connection .

Thanks