PDA

View Full Version : ms-dos run password. HELP!

22-12-2001, 06:14 PM
If anyone has any ideas please help.
I've got a Toshiba Satellite T2110 if quite old and its running Windows 3.11 for workgroups.
My problem would seem to be more related to MS-Dos.
Having little knowledge of dos commands e.t.c. I started playing around typing in various things and came a cross a password which I chose/activated.
This password seems to protect MS-Dos it comes up ass soon as you stiwtch the machine on with just a black screen and the words
'enter password ='.
Uuntill you enter a password the computer will not boot-up and run windows.

Now being akward I need to turn this password off.\But I cant remeber what I typed to turn it on in the first place.
I have tried the obvious one I could think of like password but I havent come across the right one.

I have the laptop next to me now in DOS so if anyone has any ideas I'll try them straight away and get back to you.

P.S also if anyone knows of a good DOS help site could you please give me the address

22-12-2001, 08:00 PM
Tell me the serial number on the computer and I will tell you how to get past it.

22-12-2001, 10:20 PM
umm its not quite like that and if your thinking it sounds dodgy I have posted it wrong.
I'm not trying to hack into some one else computer I just want to change the password I set for ms-dos.