PDA

View Full Version : HDMI PC to TV connection playing videos too dark?

DakotaNZ
05-04-2015, 05:45 PM
Hi guys,

I have just bought a new HDMI cable and have hooked it from my PC to my TV but whenever I play anything the image is much darker on my TV than on my PC which sometimes makes it hard to see what is going on. I have a HP Pavilion Notebook using AMD Radeon Graphics and I have a Panasonic Viera TV (2010 so pretty useless now) does anyone know how I can fix this up? I don't want to change the settings on my TV as I don't want to have to keep adjusting the brightness on it between being hooked to the HDMI and normal TV. Is there something I can change in the Radeon settings? If so could you please give me as much detail on how to fix as possible as I am not that techy and need to be walked thru it step by step....thanks :)

gary67
05-04-2015, 05:48 PM
Change the tv settings so it looks good much easier

apsattv
06-04-2015, 02:43 AM
On most modern tvs , the settings that you set, brightnes, contrast color etc, apply PER input device. So tweak the settings. It should only effect the HDMI input source.

feersumendjinn
06-04-2015, 08:44 PM
You should find that your PC video output should be able to be adjusted.Have a look in/for your amd/catalyst display control panel (probably an icon in the notification area, bottom right of task bar; or on 8.1, bottom of start screen, click down arrow; or within Control Panel).

dugimodo
06-04-2015, 10:04 PM
I use VLC media player and for the TV I go to tools, effects and filters, video effects, and adjust the gamma up a little. Brightens everything up.
I find a lot of videos a little dark when played through my TV also. VLC remembers the setting so if you go back and forth you may want to note what the default is.