PDA

View Full Version : SIM card full message.

lakewoodlady
05-04-2015, 12:21 PM
My elderly sister has a Samsung 3G "dumb" phone and she's been getting a message pop up saying that the SIM card is full. She has tried deleting some messages off it, but it still pops up. Is there anything else she can do with it.

She doesn't use email or Internet on it.

Cheers, LL

wainuitech
05-04-2015, 12:43 PM
Messages take up very little room. The main items that take up room are pictures, music etc. If she has those them delete some of them. Either that or look to see what is taking up the space.

lakewoodlady
05-04-2015, 01:46 PM
Messages take up very little room. The main items that take up room are pictures, music etc. If she has those them delete some of them. Either that or look to see what is taking up the space.

Thanks WT, I got her to remove a whole lot more texts and some pictures and videos. So far that seems to have fixed it!

Cheers, LL

paulw
05-04-2015, 01:53 PM
She may also have on old SIM card. The early ones did not hold much compared to the current ones..

dugimodo
05-04-2015, 02:20 PM
I'm pretty sure all that a SIM card can store is text messages and contacts, pictures & media files are stored in the phone or an SD card etc but not on the SIM. Deleting the text messages is what will have made the difference. Clearing out any old contacts that are no longer required could help too. There are different capacity SIMs, if it becomes and issue it might be possible to get one with more storage on it. Most phones will let you copy contacts off the SIM and into the phone, that might be a solution as well. You'd need to delet them off the SIM afterwards of course and it's a bit inconvenient if you change phones later.

lakewoodlady
05-04-2015, 04:02 PM
Yes, I have suggested that she get a new SIM card with more capacity on. Either that, or get into the 21st century and buy a smartphone!

LL