PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Dynalink internal PCI adsl modem ALH110

21-12-2001, 10:32 PM
It is a week now we have JetStart. We would like to know why suddenly there is no traffic possible and we have to reboot the computer and restart all connections to get something going. We have windows 2000 professional and a dynaling ALH110 asld pci modem. We had the same kind of problem with a dynalink 56K pci modem. Are these modems both 'winmodems' types? I thought that at $270 a modem should work without a glitch!
Any idea? I don't know what more information would be useful to solve the problem.

22-12-2001, 12:44 AM
What type of computer are you using processor Ram etc.....

does the system crash what happen stage by stage this may help us with the problem.

Regards Computerforce.co.nz

22-12-2001, 06:57 AM
There are a lot of factors at work here - firstly, you might want to ensure that as few electronic devices are near to your computer and phone line as possible - the resulting radiation can cause problems with maintaining a reliable connection. Secondly, have you had Telecom do a full ground noise check on your line? If you've been having problems with a 56k connection as well as an ADSL connection it could point to a line problem.
Thirdly, try the modem in another computer, or request that Dynalink test it for faults - they're pretty good with their customer service (in my experience) - although, I doubt it's a physical problem with the modem.
Lastly, try unplugging any other telephone devices you have in the house - there may be a fault in one of them causing problems with your connection.

22-12-2001, 06:34 PM
I have:
IBM Aptiva 2153-E4A
Celeron 333A
327 MB RAM
Windows 2000 Professional 5.00.2195
Quantum Bigfoot 6 GB
onboard video ATI Rage Pro 4MB AGP 2X and Crystal sound chips.
The modem/network card is:
ITeX adsl PCI NIC (dynalink)
The details of this modem:
ModemOPMode: T1.413
Protocol:PPPoA
QoS:Disable
QoS Option, AVR:905
QoS Option, MBS:448
QoS Option, Min Rate:1358
QoS Option, PCR:1811
QoS Option, SCR:905
Receive Cell Buffer Length:10240
Transmit Cell Buffer Length:10240
VCI:100
VCI(Bit Error Rate Test):21
VPI:0
VPI(Bit Error Rate Test):0

Driver:
ITeX ADSL PCI NIC
Provider: ITeX
Date: Not Available
Verstion: 2.2.1.0
Digital Signer: Not digitally signed
Ressources:
I/O Range: 7000-70FF
Memory Range: 80100000-8010FFFF
IRQ:10

Hope this can help.

22-12-2001, 07:13 PM
Hi Marc,check to see if you actually loose DSL when the system stops.If you don't,then the problem is unlikely to be the line.As long as the DSL is up,it is more likely to be a software,or ISP problem.Ring your ISP and get them to do a check,and they may even put you throught to the DSL Helpdesk and get them to have a look
Peter