PDA

View Full Version : sulfnbk.exe

21-12-2001, 04:14 PM
my dad got this email and freaked...then he deleted the file...could this hurt my computer in any way?

i made sure i set him straight though..heh..heh..fear the fake deletes....

21-12-2001, 11:02 PM
sulfnbk is a windows command file. there really should be no reason for anyone to send you this file though I can recall receiving at least three of this file in recent months, all from unknown people. I just delete them and create a rule in the email to auto delete from server those people. Deleting the attachment as you have done will not harm your system.

22-12-2001, 09:00 AM
It depends on which email you are talking about.

There is one sulfnbk.exe email going around (has been for a long time) that is a hoax. It tells you to go and find the sulfnbk.exe file and delete it because it is a virus. This email should be ignored.

The other email is one that comes with sulfnbk.exe as an attachment. This is something to watch out for, because this is most likely the Magistr virus, and if opened it will run that virus.

For full information on the sulfnbk.exe hoax, and how to restore the file if you do delete it, go to this site:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/sulfnbk.exe.warning.html

Hope this helps
Mike.