PDA

View Full Version : PCWorld Home page

21-12-2001, 12:29 PM
Has anyone read the lead article on PCWorld home page (THE GIFT OF LAUGHTER _ lets sabotage someones computer) I think PCWorld should be ashamed of themselves. Isn't there enough misery being inflicted on innocent people out there by hackers, without this magazine giving a step by step guide of how to do a bogus one. I am pretty disappointed, and urge everyone to read that article closely and see what they think.

Merry Xmas all, RINGO

21-12-2001, 01:09 PM
Aaah, come on Ringo.

If people are silly enough to run viruses, they get what they deserve.

It's just a joke thing. Lighten up.

Robo.

21-12-2001, 01:33 PM
There are some good jokes there Ringo, and if you got the Dec/Jan PCWorld mag they are on the CD :-)

It is all about intent, isnt it? And I don't mean holidays are here and we are camping 'intent' at beach.

If someone runs a program on a pc intended as a joke, and no harm is done, then no harm is done. In fact the 'victim' may learn not to double click strange .exe files.

This is way different to the pleb who writes a malicious piece of code with the intention of causing serious problems with other people's PC's, and in the process choking bandwidth with 1000's of emails.

Another thing... anyone deleted the sulfnbk.exe file from their hard drive yet?

Happy Xmas,

J

21-12-2001, 03:25 PM
Gidday,
sorry mate I don't agree with you, I read the article, and and had a quiet laugh at some of the ideas.
I agree with Robo, these are little pranks, not to taken to seriously, lighten up a wee bit,mate,
cheers,
Bob

21-12-2001, 03:46 PM
Hi Robo..... yes it's all very funny isn't it..... I am actually a freelance journo for a motoring magazine, and we could write articles telling people how to stuff up the electricals by drawing a pencil line over a certain part, or sticking a potato into something, while we all stood around the corner having a great laugh.....

My point is, you guys are all computer wizz's and you know how to fix these things - but going by the amount of postings on this site, there are plenty with just a basic knowledge of what makes a computer tick, and now you are giving people the ideas and tools to make some people VERY unhappy.

I don't think there was any need to publish the article, let alone condone it, by telling me to lighten up....

RINGO

21-12-2001, 04:13 PM
Aret there pople who take computers seriously?