PDA

View Full Version : Android TV Box MXIII: Error Message; Solution?

James Kirk
04-02-2015, 06:53 PM
I have bought an Android TV Box MXIII. This runs on Android 4.4.2 and plays most media types to a TV.

My intention is to pick up the internet via WiFi and feed the signal to the TV, and particularly to view programmes missed at the time they were shown on TV and are now available "On Demand". Up to now I have had to run a cable over the lounge floor carrying the signal (HDMI and DCI) from the desktop's graphics card.

This much tidier solution is working fine and I have the internet on the TV. But, when I have tried to watch TV programmes on demand (such as TV1's Micro Monsters) I get this message "This player is not enabled for HTML5 delivery".

I have watched some of TV1 on-line news items, including video, successfully. I haven't tried very many on-demand programmes so don't know how far reaching is this HTML5 problem.

I don't know the technicalities of this error message, but the MXIII has the latest Android OS, viz 4.4.2 and a quad core microprocessor, so I was not anticipating problems with outdated hardware/software.

The MXIII box and guide do not give any manufacturer's address so I can't contact them.

I would appreciate advice on the meaning of the error message, and the consequences of it, and a solution if any is available.

Speedy Gonzales
04-02-2015, 09:11 PM
This site (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4018154?start=0&tstart=0), says you may need a program like Puffin (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cloudmosa.puffinFree&hl=en).

Like it says it means it doesnt support flash. So you need something that does

James Kirk
05-02-2015, 06:45 AM
Speedy,
Thanks for responding.
I'd not heard of Puffin before, but I see that it is a browser.
Does your comment about "flash" mean that Android KitKat doesn't support Flash video, and that HTML5 uses Flash video or is essential to it?
If so I'm surprised that a "TV BOX" does not support many (most?) TV programs - do you have a cooment on this please?
Thanks.

Speedy Gonzales
05-02-2015, 09:42 AM
I'm just going by the link I gave above. HTML5, I think doesnt need Flash. I think youtube will be using HTML5 by default soon.

James Kirk
05-02-2015, 10:45 AM
Speedy,
Thanks again.
I'll keep digging and see if I can discover the reasons and facts behind the error message "This player is not enabled for HTML5 delivery".
I'll remember the Puffin O/S: it might be worth putting on my ASUS tablet which runs on Android 4.2 and so does not do flash videos. Ironically, when purchased it did run flash (with an Adobe app of course) but an Android upgrade removed that ability.
I don't think that Puffin could be retrofitted to the MXIII unfortunately.
I haven't found yet a link to the manufacturer or designer of the MXIII which would be nice so that I could ask this question of them.
Regards.

PPp
05-02-2015, 01:56 PM
Maybe here : http://www.gearbest.com/android-tv-box-mxiii-_gear/

James Kirk
12-02-2015, 11:21 AM
BeeLink appears to be the manufacturer, and they responded to my request for assistance with some questions. But so far no help. Language may be a problem.