PDA

View Full Version : Windows 10 Tech Preview

Tony
25-01-2015, 12:56 PM
I hope this replaces the previous build-specific thread.

I've just installed build 9926 and my initial impression (after about 5 mins) is favourable. The start menu changes are a definite improvement and the taskbar icons are much cleaner. It looks like the "modern" apps now start windowed rather than full screen - which is a definite improvement IMHO.

It get the impression it starts up a little faster (from glacial down to sluggish on my PC under VMplayer).

Still getting 2 avatars on the login screen.

No Cortana though - when are we going to see it? :angry

Nick G
25-01-2015, 01:36 PM

I've just installed build 9926 and my initial impression (after about 5 mins) is favourable. The start menu changes are a definite improvement and the taskbar icons are much cleaner. It looks like the "modern" apps now start windowed rather than full screen - which is a definite improvement IMHO.

It get the impression it starts up a little faster (from glacial down to sluggish on my PC under VMplayer).

Cortana is currently officially location locked, I think to the US only?

Regardless, it's possible to get it with only a few minutes work.

Change location, system wide default language, and reboot. Think that's it :)

paulw
28-01-2015, 04:36 PM

The two pix on the login screen seems to have been there from day one.. Seems not everyone gets it though.. Maybe it's something to do with the update process..??

Tony
28-01-2015, 04:45 PM
This thread is effectively defunct. There is a similar thread in Chat.

I only had the two login avatars with the second preview.