PDA

View Full Version : Want to play offline videos ( Need Free Software ) .

AppleFan
13-01-2015, 06:04 PM
Hey i will be going overseas this week and i want a free recommended program which i can download and save it and watch it later .
I want to watch videos from youtube and other sites but i want to download lots from youtube .

I won't have internet in the islands so thats why .

I have ios ipod and android samsung s5 .
Thats where all the videos wlll .
Have downloaded the music .
Now it's time for videos .

So please let me know a free program and shall i save it on ipod or samsung . My ipod is 16GB and so is Samsung s5 . I have downloaded all my music on ipod touch because i love itunes , because samsung kies software is not my choice but will choice is i have too .

Thanks

wainuitech
13-01-2015, 06:40 PM
Some videos on youtube can be a bit hit and miss.

Just had a look at quite a few apps to download and a lot of them are either outdated, or dead links or not free. MX Tube was a mentioned a lot, but every link I found lead to a dead link in iTunes store.

just a suggestion:

If no one comes up with a better Idea, what you can try is install the 30 day free Trial of internet download manager to a windows PC
http://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/

Once installed, go to the site you want, play the video - if its downloadable you'll see the download option, click it select what format you want ( see Picture) and then transfer to the device. :2cents:

KarameaDave
13-01-2015, 06:53 PM
I use this firefox extension, it gets a lot but by no means all.

http://www.downloadhelper.net/

BBCmicro
14-01-2015, 01:16 PM
- if its downloadable you'll see the download option,

Some YouTube videos don't display the download URL until you click 'like'. I suppose that means you have to be logged in

dugimodo
14-01-2015, 02:29 PM
I use 1 click video downloader addon for FF but it's only working about 50% of the time these days.

Also no need to use kies at all if you don't like it, just use windows file manager to transfer files to the S5. I have a note 3 and before that had an S3 and I've never used kies. On the other hand kies air over wi-fi is a great app and not the same thing as normal kies at all.