PDA

View Full Version : How many of you or your clients have Malwarebytes Premium?

Digby
13-01-2015, 05:17 PM
As some of you may know I have just been the victim of a Cryptolocker Attack.

So I have lost all of my data files except the txt ones.

The experts seem to say that Malwarebytes Premium will stop such attacks in real time.

So as a long time user of Malwarebytes Free, I think now is the time to bite the bullet and get Premium

I think its called Premium not Pro.

Its only $30 a year

So I was just wondering....

How many of you or your clients have Malwarebytes Premium?

And has it been good.

And secondly if it stops all malware attacks in real time.... why does it still need a Scan option?

Digby
13-01-2015, 08:21 PM
44 views and not one quick yes or no!

Nick G
13-01-2015, 08:43 PM
Don't know anyone with Premium, plenty with the free version though.

CYaBro
13-01-2015, 08:53 PM
Never bothered with it as I can't remember the last time we got a machine in, that was running Eset, that had any major infections or malware etc.
Not sure if it would block any of the cryptolocker type infections anyway, you would be better to buy this (https://www.foolishit.com/vb6-projects/cryptoprevent/cryptoprevent-auto-update/) to protect yourself from that.

Billy T
13-01-2015, 08:53 PM
I'll put you out of your misery! :D

I'm nobody's client, but Yes, I have MWB Premium and it occasionally throws up a low level warning on PUPs but never anything bad.

I also have Crypto Prevent (set to maximum) plus Hitman Pro, Spybot, and MSE, but the latter is well overdue for replacement.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

Ofthesea
13-01-2015, 08:56 PM
I've had premium since last August and no problems since then. Licence covers 3 PCs

gary67
14-01-2015, 05:29 AM
Not me I use Nod 32 and regular backups

Lawrence
14-01-2015, 05:51 AM
Run Malwarebytes Premium,Hitman Pro Alert and ESET Nod32

Also run Junkware Removal Tool,Adwcleaner,Hitman Pro and TDSSKiller occasionally

Terry Porritt
14-01-2015, 06:45 AM
For what its worth I bought the Premium version a while ago, though I can't remember the last time I had a real nasty, except with Win95 when deliberately going to nasty sites to test out anti-virus programs.

It also blocks access to sites it deems dodgy. This can be overruled if you consider it is a false positive.

ruup
14-01-2015, 08:47 AM
Hi,I run Malwarebytes Anti Malware Premium,as well as Malwarebytes Anti Exploit Premium,Avast Internet Security,Unchecky,and Key Scrambler Premium.Seems to keep me pest free....

Alex B
14-01-2015, 09:05 AM
We run MEE (MalwareBytes Enterprise Edition) at work.

catspyjamas
14-01-2015, 12:40 PM
I have Malwarebytes Antimalware Premium and have had no problems with conflicts with anything else, and no slow downs or anything. It's blocked several malicious websites that NOD32 failed to, and it's blocked a couple of malicious outbound connections too. I'd definitely recommend it.

PPp
14-01-2015, 01:07 PM
I use Nod32 and run Superantipsyware, Malwarebytes occasionally, but so far Nod32 has not left anything for them at all. Whatever you are using it pays to do a full scan regularly, rather than only relying on your live protection alone.
I got the 3 year deal for Nod32 for our 2 computers and I consider it highly cost effective.

wainuitech
14-01-2015, 01:51 PM
I use Nod32 and run Superantipsyware, Malwarebytes occasionally, but so far Nod32 has not left anything for them at all. Whatever you are using it pays to do a full scan regularly, rather than only relying on your live protection alone.
I got the 3 year deal for Nod32 for our 2 computers and I consider it highly cost effective. I have ours set to do a full system scan weekly while out doing the grocery shopping, then dinner right after. Not going to be using them while in pak-N-Save so may as well set them to do it then. :D Never finds anything, and neither does the antimalware programs when run BUT Take a look at the logs and you see the number of suspect / known baddies/ items blocked :devil

19-01-2015, 09:39 AM
All these products will only protect you against known malware, or known types of attacks.

Ive seen new malware get past everything (incl NOD) .
Zero day(ie new) malware WILL NOT be detected . The best defense is some common sense & a fair bit of suspicion

Digby
20-01-2015, 10:46 AM
I have just bought Malwarebytes Premium.

Lets see how it goes over the next year or so.

The best defence would be for the UN and the FBI and CIA etc to go after all those email scammers and ransomware makers.
They all have ISP's.
Close any ISP that does not comply.
It would save the whole word a lot of time and money.

20-01-2015, 12:57 PM
The best defence would be for the UN and the FBI and CIA etc to go after all those email scammers and ransomware makers.

These scammers are often run via 3rd world countries riddled with corruption. Can even be organised crime rings involved
The US has no jurisdiction outside the US. Even if you stop one scammer, another will instantly pop up to replace him.
Its like saying the NZ police should be able to stop theft & dishonesty in NZ. Will never happen.