PDA

View Full Version : need help with motherboard drivers please.

Leslie
02-01-2015, 02:57 AM
I have just done a fresh install of XP but have not got the M/B disc to install the drivers.
I have a HP Compaq nx8220 laptop and have found the page for the driver downloads, but am confused a bit.
I believe you should install the chip set driver first which I don't know which one it is on the page and also there are options like 8 network drivers, not sure which to download.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=447306&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=1098
If anyone could help me it would be great.
thank you.

pctek
02-01-2015, 08:07 AM
You need to look at the model number on back of your laptop, there are several drivers because there are variations on which brand hardware are installed.....
It won't hurt to download the lot, go into Device Manager, choose the unknown driver and get Windows to search your downloads and find which one it wants.....

Leslie
02-01-2015, 09:53 AM
Thanks very much, i will download the lot, so doesn't it matter about installing the chipset driver first ?.
many thanks.

pctek
02-01-2015, 05:01 PM
Not really, install in any order you like, you need all the PCs drivers but it doesn't matter which order you do them in.