PDA

View Full Version : Paradise/Outlook email problem

Beemer
31-12-2014, 10:09 AM
I'm using Outlook for Mac 2011 and for the past two days I've had problems sending emails. I can receive them but when I try and reply or send new emails, I get an error message that says "Mail could not be sent" and it gives my email name (say it's Editing) and then I've had "smtpin1.paradise.net.nz" (and 2 and 3) and "error code 17099".

I tried quitting Outlook and restarting but the same thing happens. Yesterday it stopped doing it after an hour or so, but it's started again today. I tried ringing Vodafone about it but they have long waiting times today and I have no patience!

Any clues as to what's happening and how to fix it?

wainuitech
31-12-2014, 10:31 AM
What have you got for the SMTP setting ?

make sure "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" is UNTICKED.

Looking a bit deeper, the error code is related to MAC's. Do a google search for

error code 17099 outlook 2011 for mac

Theres plenty of answers in different articles relating to the error, the cause and fix.

Beemer
31-12-2014, 12:25 PM
I've looked under more options and it has 'authentication' and that's set to none, but I also noticed that for one email account (the one that corresponds to my website address) it has the 'use SSL to connect (recommended)' box checked but for my Paradise email account it doesn't.

I haven't changed anything so have no idea if both boxes were ticked or unticked before.

I did the rebuild thing suggested online but immediately after reopening Outlook I got the same error message!

Beemer
01-01-2015, 12:30 PM
I ended up ringing Vodafone and the outgoing server was changed from smtp.paradise.net.nz to smtp.vodafone.co.nz and voila, I can send and receive emails again! Strange how our TelstraClear account was taken over by Vodafone years ago and yet this is the first time I've had any problems.