PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1

curly
27-12-2014, 08:21 PM
This installation has a CD Key 2pxxx-vcxxx-cdxxx-xqxxx-cxxxx, however Microsoft says that the product key is
incorrect and as a consequence, the installation is deemed to be not genuine.

This is despite the fact that Magical Jellybean Keyfinder shows that the product key located by Magical Jelly Bean
has the same CD key info on the product key sticker.

I purchased the package sealed and intact, so I fail to believe it is not genuine.

Is there anything I can do to resolve this ?

wainuitech
27-12-2014, 08:47 PM
Quick Test, run Keyfinder or manually type it into a google search, does it bring up any results ?

Also double / Triple check you have typed it correctly 8 can look Like B 6 & G can look the same Y & V often get mistyped.

You can call MS on the activate by telephone option and explain what is happening, What Many people dont know is on the COA sticker are other codes,that Microsoft can cross reference to check if its legit or not.

CYaBro
28-12-2014, 12:57 AM
There was also one or two updates in the last round from Microsoft that could cause this.
Download and install the fix released by Microsoft -
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/3024777

curly
29-12-2014, 09:27 PM
Quick Test, run Keyfinder or manually type it into a google search, does it bring up any results ?

Also double / Triple check you have typed it correctly 8 can look Like B 6 & G can look the same Y & V often get mistyped.

You can call MS on the activate by telephone option and explain what is happening, What Many people dont know is on the COA sticker are other codes,that Microsoft can cross reference to check if its legit or not.

I ran key finder into google search and it found the same series of alpha/numerical numbers that was exactly the same as the product sticker.

Well assuming all is well and for the moment looking good, but what should I now do. Should I approach Microsoft NZ to check it out from their point of view and recheck everything ?

wainuitech
29-12-2014, 09:41 PM
I ran key finder into google search and it found the same series of alpha/numerical numbers that was exactly the same as the product sticker.

Well assuming all is well and for the moment looking good, but what should I now do. Should I approach Microsoft NZ to check it out from their point of view and recheck everything ? It depends on what the numbers /letters are.

Hopefully I will explain this right. If its showing up on torrent sites or crack sites its a fake key made by some generator software.

If its showing up on places like Technet / or Microsoft, it could be whats called pre install keys, OR KMS keys. They are legit keys, BUT require activation differently to normal setup.

Is your key listed in any of these: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj612867.aspx

Assuming it is actually a illegal key you can call MS and they will help you.

OR contact (PM) nmercer in this form, he may be able to advise better.

Normally a Legit key wont show in a google search. The other thing it could be is a Name Brand Key Eg HP, dell etc.

If you want -- PM me with the actual Key and I can check it out or advise better privately. Had to deal with this countless times. And dont worry about me using your key, I got plenty of them ( all legal)

wainuitech
29-12-2014, 09:54 PM
The above link to the KMS keys is actually an example, there are others. OR its always possible it could also be a technet /MSDN key.

Just curious -- When you said it was pacaged, can you describe how it was packaged ?

curly
30-12-2014, 01:26 PM
The above link to the KMS keys is actually an example, there are others. OR its always possible it could also be a technet /MSDN key.

Just curious -- When you said it was pacaged, can you describe how it was packaged ?

It came in a black cardboard box, in the center of the box is Windows 7 - Ultimate. The back of the box are the words Your PC, simplified, followed by many sentence's.

When looking at the front of the box, the box has a curved top right corner.

The top of the plastic box there is the words win Ult 7 English ROW DVD, MADE IN USA. There is a number BTS- 2821889-MSIN.
I broke the seal on the box, there other numbers also on the plastic box.
Inside the plastic container are two disks, one 32 bit CD and one 64 bit CD. Also a 29 page booklet "Welcome to your PC, simplified.

On separate sheet is the product key for Win 7 Ultimate. I am quite happy to send you the Product Key via PM, but you will need to tell me how to use it <grin>

Speedy Gonzales
30-12-2014, 02:09 PM
It maybe similar to BTS- 2821889-MSIN which looks like its a pre activated / torrented version

According to some sites if the 3 digit number under system (for the product ID) is 065, 66, or 067 it maybe an MSDN key. And it'll be blocked

wainuitech
30-12-2014, 03:39 PM
If you want to PM me with the key, all you do is click on my name - Send private message - its then the same as posting normally, but only I ( or who ever you are PMing) will see.

Just to Add to what Speedy posted: Have a read of the Answer from MS - Same problem, in fact almost identical to what you are asking.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_install/windows-7-build-7600-this-copy-of-windows-is-not/986cbb67-5ec5-4f0b-8291-ae1fa80d137c

Where did you purchase it from ? Answer in a PM along with the Key if you dont want to say here in public :)

Just out of Interest: Retail Box which normally comes in the plastic container as you described hasn't been available for a couple of years now, and OEM which comes in a separate white envelope has only just gone end of life.

Heres what OEM packaging looks like:

Inside that would be another sleeve with the DVD and product key on it stuck to a peal-able label, which would be placed on the computer. MS have NEVER added a seperate piece of paper with a key.

curly
31-12-2014, 07:50 AM
If you want to PM me with the key, all you do is click on my name - Send private message - its then the same as posting normally, but only I ( or who ever you are PMing) will see.

Just to Add to what Speedy posted: Have a read of the Answer from MS - Same problem, in fact almost identical to what you are asking.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_install/windows-7-build-7600-this-copy-of-windows-is-not/986cbb67-5ec5-4f0b-8291-ae1fa80d137c

Where did you purchase it from ? Answer in a PM along with the Key if you dont want to say here in public :)

Just out of Interest: Retail Box which normally comes in the plastic container as you described hasn't been available for a couple of years now, and OEM which comes in a separate white envelope has only just gone end of life.

Heres what OEM packaging looks like:

Inside that would be another sleeve with the DVD and product key on it stuck to a peal-able label, which would be placed on the computer. MS have NEVER added a seperate piece of paper with a key.

Re the key, it is certainly it is stuck onto a single sheet of paper and the page contains 10 different languages ( and its still stuck onto the paper sheet). I purchased it on line through Trade Me, but it was some time ago, possibly 3/4 years ago, or something like that. Just maybe 2 years ago, but not certain about that !

There was a paper seal on the top of the plastic box which I had to remove to open the plastic box, to gain access to the contents.