PDA

View Full Version : How To delete History

20-12-2001, 11:07 AM
I would like To know how to delete all the websites I have Been Into Lately and also the search history as well because im buying a new computer and im giving this one to a friend and i dont want them to see the web sites i go into

20-12-2001, 11:23 AM
You didnt say what sort of system or browser you are running but if you really want to hide all evidence of your 'surfing' habits then I suggest you reformat your hard drive and reinstall any programs you want your friend to have. If you let us know what you are using then we can give you more specific directions in deleting all evidence.

20-12-2001, 12:50 PM
Formatting the hard drive may be a bit radical for your needs.
Suggest you buy a copy of the truly wonderful'internet' magazine December issue.On the FREE CD inside is a program demo called 'Evidence Eliminator'.Download this,run it once,problem solved!!!

20-12-2001, 01:03 PM
Go to http://www.pccontrolanywhere.com/ecleaner/ and download Ecleaner. It should take care of the problem for you.
Don B.

23-12-2001, 11:36 AM
try downloading a cool little prog called Necrofile [CNET]
freeware and good disk cleaner.

24-12-2001, 12:40 PM
Open internet explorer if that what you use ckick on tools internet options Clear history. I would also delete the temporary internet files under the same tab (general). Or Search for a folder called history and then delete the contents

26-12-2001, 10:43 AM
Evidence eliminator is the one you want, it gets rid of the index.dat files (hidden history files) and heaps of other stuff as well.