PDA

View Full Version : Which PC to Buy??

DakotaNZ
26-12-2014, 05:46 PM
Hi guys,

We went to do some laptop shopping today and went to Noel Leemings who had the HP-P011TX for sale for $749, we decided to buy two only to get to the counter to find out they had sold out and wouldn't be getting any more in at that price. We then went to Smith City who didn't have the same model but said they could do the HP15-P003AX for the same price. We would prefer to buy from Smith City as we have one in our home town in case anything were to go wrong with the laptop where as Noel Leemings is over an hour away. Now the diff between these two models is that the P003AX has 8GB and The P011TX only has 4GB Ram, but the P011TX has 2.0GHX intel i7-4510u Dual Processor, where as the P003AX has AMD A6 Quad Core Processor. The guy at Smith City seemed like quite a decent sort of a dude and he said that although the i7 is far more superior the AMD as a Quad Core Processor shouldn't be that far off performance wise. To be honest we can't get the P011TX at that great price now anyway but I wondered if you think the P003AX will be OK? We are not gamers and don't download a whole lot, we stream the odd movie and mainly want our computers for stuff like Facebook, Youtube, emailing and surfing the net, we will also use it for miracast with our smart TV. Do you think we would be happy with the P003AX and do you think that is a good price?

Alex B
26-12-2014, 06:52 PM
Don't buy an AMD powered HP, they are prone to failure IME.

icow
26-12-2014, 08:24 PM
Wouldn't touch any consumer grade HP product with a 50 foot pole let alone purchase one.

pctek
27-12-2014, 06:56 AM
Wouldn't touch any consumer grade HP product with a 50 foot pole let alone purchase one.

+1