PDA

View Full Version : MP3 or WAV files to download

20-12-2001, 10:06 AM
Hi
I want to download and save some MP3 or Wav files of kids songs etc.

Any suggestions of sites to access such files please?

TIA

Ron

20-12-2001, 10:19 AM
If you know the names of the tracks, you could try going to www.kazaa.com and download their program. it will let you find stacks of mp3's

20-12-2001, 10:33 AM
Craig is right, I have found the easiest site to use at the moment is KaZaA or also known as morpheus or MusicCity. All 3 names are the same program and it is a file swapping program, in other words you acess a special folder on peoples computers and download whatever is in there that you want. A few notes of caution when using this type of system though. Ensure you have an up to date anti virus program as some .... think its funny to load viruses or trojans into the files and also if you have children acessing the program go to the options and set the filter to high, as there are no controls on what people have in their folders ALL things are present.
Also do not download any programs from there....they may seem free and quite neat but they are quite often so full of backdoors etc that they are just a invitation to whoever to use your puter to do bad stuff to others....and you get the blame.
Hints to make morpheus better..
Restrict the uploads to 1 or 2 only...this stops all your bandwidth dissapearing into uploads instead of downloads.
also if you find the songs you want use the search for more from this user option....odds are there is a lot more in there you want and saves lots of searching.
Dont let any of the above put you off...It is a good program and I have downloaded aprox 800 songs off it so far. Just take precautions and have fun.
P.S. If anyone knows of any other systems please let me know too....I tried winmx but was not happy

20-12-2001, 12:01 PM
'Scuse me, Winmx,why not?

23-12-2001, 05:07 PM
Hi Ron. Somethig to keep in mind also is that mp3 files are compressed files. Wav files use about 10 megabytes of space per minute of audio playback which can fill up your hard drive fast & take ages to d/l.

Good luck & merry Xmas :-)