PDA

View Full Version : Reliable laptop ????

AppleFan
22-12-2014, 06:47 PM
So on my mind was a question to find out from people which PC brand you find is reliable . I'm looking at Laptops and Desktops , not really on tablets but if you want to tell me one thats fine .

Seee my poll and vote

Greg
22-12-2014, 06:52 PM
I voted Asus and Toshiba. Having said that, my first Asus had a failed drive (but efficiently replaced under warranty in super-quick time), and my g/f's first Toshiba gave problems (which was probably due to it being dropped by her friend's daughter).

gary67
22-12-2014, 06:57 PM
I voted other as i build my own desktops although I do have a HP netbook waiting for a new battery

pctek
23-12-2014, 07:12 AM
I voted Asus and Toshiba. .
+1 except I haven't voted.

With RAs (returns) ASUS have a low failure rate, anything can fail, and hard drives and PSUs are the most common components to fail. But ASUS have a great reputation.

PPp
23-12-2014, 08:59 PM
A mate asked me to recommend a reliable brand for a laptop. I told him Asus. A few weeks later he turned up with 4-5 year old Asus. I told him not to get his expectations up too much, as even for an Asus it was well into late middle age. Anyway 4 years later its still going strong, get about 3 hours use most nights, and as far as I know has never had any sort of maintenance done to it.
So Asus gets my vote.

paulw
24-12-2014, 08:43 AM
I voted Toshiba as have had a good run with them at home but at work recently they have been a mixed bag. May look at a HP business model next time and see if they are better.

Webdevguy
24-12-2014, 10:32 AM
I voted for Other which in my case would be a MacBook Pro although I have used my fiances Toshiba laptop which also worked fine.

nmercer
24-12-2014, 11:58 AM
other here - Surface Pro 3

Ofthesea
24-12-2014, 10:30 PM
I have a Lenovo laptop since about four years ago with no problems. Lenovo because work paid for it and decided on the brand.
This vote doesn't really mean much you should only listen to the people that fix laptops if you're concerned about reliability.
A desktop would normally have a greater life, do you need a laptop? What about a desktop & smartphone? Laptop or desktop is a big decision in itself

Digby
25-12-2014, 01:46 PM
I voted Other as I build my own desktops.

But I hope the Acer I bought the other day will be reliable.

You can't really count hard drive failure as a fault of that brand as they all use the same few hard drive manufacturers.

paulw
25-12-2014, 07:11 PM
I voted Other as I build my own desktops.

But I hope the Acer I bought the other day will be reliable.

I've seen too many Acer PCs and laptops go bad to ever consider one of that brand..