PDA

View Full Version : Google Feedback

johnd
01-12-2014, 09:15 PM
I recently "upgraded" to the latest Google Drive. I have been enjoying downloading documents in the OpenDocument format but am very disappointed to see that the latest version gives no choice - you can only download using the proprietary .docx format. The internet is supposed to be an open environment where choice is given. By all means include the MS format, but why take away the open format.

... but my real problem is - where can I submit my thoughts on this to Google. When you search it tells you to click onto the cog in your application and choose "Feedback" - but the option is not there. I found a feedback forum but the latest post was in 2009 - I tried to add my thoughts to it and it refused.

It seems to me that Google are not interested in what I think any more - they are big and corporate and will do what they want!

Any thoughts?

wainuitech
01-12-2014, 09:41 PM
The feedback window works OK here, sign into Google Drive.

As mentioned click on the Cog / Help, send feedback is bottom Right corner:

Then the Feedback window opens:

If you are running a popup blocker then disable it.

Tried it in two different Browsers and both worked.

Where you mentioned "Upgraded to the latest" what exactly do you mean, just looked at the online and the option is still there for open format:

johnd
01-12-2014, 10:42 PM
You are right - got fooled by the screenshots online that showed the feedback in the menu directly off the cog - should have found that one (thanks).

However - there is a new version of Google Docs and the download menu you show is no longer there. You are not given any options - just downloads as MSWord. See https://support.google.com/drive/answer/2423534?hl=en.

At the moment you can swap between the old and new versions at will.