PDA

View Full Version : OLD GAME - problem.

Bryan
26-11-2014, 07:37 PM
I wrote about this 11-11-2014. I am trying to run Luxor Mahjong on Win 8.8 and as 23 inch Samsung HD monitor.

When installed, the game if run on full screen, flickers too badly to play it.

When the screen size is reduced, the game runs perfectly. However, the tiles are a bit small and the screen can't be increased.

I would just like to know the physics behind this. I would have imagined that if I could read the monitor on a reduced size, then I should also be able to read it properly on and full screen.

Any ideas? Is it just the monitor?

wainuitech
26-11-2014, 09:19 PM
Are the graphics a graphic card , AMD or Nvidia ?

Are you using onboard ( intel Graphics) ?

dugimodo
26-11-2014, 11:26 PM
If the game has a windowed fullscreen option try that.

Bryan
27-11-2014, 06:52 AM
The GPU is ASUS Nvidia GTE730. I've tried the full screen option and that is when I run into problems.

dugimodo
27-11-2014, 04:44 PM
Just to be clear, I am meaning windowed fullscreen not fullscreen. Not all games offer this option and it may not be useful in your case but what it does is use the desktop screen settings rather than taking direct control over the graphics. If you game is running in a resizable window you are already running in windowed mode.

On the other hand if it is in fullscreen mode and not windowed it may be using the wrong resolution for your monitor and that results in poor display quality on LCD screens.
I see from googling that the game was patched for 8.1 in march so in theory it should work ok.

Bryan
27-11-2014, 05:37 PM
It claims to have been patched but other opinions are that was a scam. The suppliers Mumbo Jumbo make no mention of a patch (that I can find). The DVD I have was released by Avanquest. Their help team say that the game hasn't been patched.

The game has options. When first loaded the game appears in full screen. The "'options" for the game is to play it either full screen or not. Choosing not reduces the game to a much smaller screen but no flicker. I'll almost need binoculars to see it.