PDA

View Full Version : Samsung S4 booting problem ?????

AppleFan
22-11-2014, 01:08 PM
Hey this problem started yesterday and since then has not been fixed , i myself tried to fix these , but failed . Now let me describe the problem . The phone was updating it's own system and i could that it was updating itself , then i left the phone to update . When i came back i saw the phone showed me the samsung logo with GT number , so thats fines a bootup is seen then almost every 5 seconds it keeps going back to samsung logo with GT number and so i monitored this for some time , then i opened google , did a search on this , found some good help which i did . One of the help was to press the power , and volume button to go into recovery mode . I then did that , then i got a message describing me what things to do ,there was two options , press volume up to continue download a custom OS , and volume down to cancel and restart phone . I press volume down to restart phone , nothing but same issue . I see restart happening , then i pressed volume up to download custom OS which i left overnight last night nothing happened . I have also contacted samsung , two times , such a poor customer service . They just told me to download kies software and see if it connects to mobile . I did that , it just kept connecting and sometimes didn't connect .

As far as i see this is a thing know as " boot loop" problem which i have seen some have succeed , some not in fixing things . I went yesterday to noel leeming where i got my phone from , they told me they will need it to send it Samsung for fixing , but i will have to pay . I told then that i will not pay because i have a 1 year warranty on that but still they say will have to pay . My parents got angry when they found i have to pay , when i have a 1 year warranty .

So can anyone who knows about this stuff , or can get someone to help me out that would be great so my 50 bucks can be saved . Interms of my knowledge , i think the whole Operating system (OS) has going corrupt , i doubt malware could do this . Plus another guess would be battery is giving problems .

And when i bought this from noel leeming , the phone is from vodafone but i use 2 degress as a provider , can i take it to vodafone and try and get a fix ????

PLEASE HELP >>>>>> ??????:

wainuitech
22-11-2014, 02:38 PM
Have you tried this ---- fix-samsung-galaxy-s4-keeps-rebooting-stuck-boot-loop (http://thedroidguy.com/2014/01/fix-samsung-galaxy-s4-keeps-rebooting-stuck-boot-loop-83102#AuBw08VMjkoxcXKg.97) ( does sound like what you described though) ?

Also relating to the question, has the phone been Rooted or did it "just work" on 2 Degress.

can I take it to vodafone and try and get a fix

Easy Way- Call and ask them. ( vodafone shops, NOT the likes of Noel Leeming)

AppleFan
22-11-2014, 04:19 PM
Have you tried this ---- fix-samsung-galaxy-s4-keeps-rebooting-stuck-boot-loop (http://thedroidguy.com/2014/01/fix-samsung-galaxy-s4-keeps-rebooting-stuck-boot-loop-83102#AuBw08VMjkoxcXKg.97) ( does sound like what you described though) ?

Also relating to the question, has the phone been Rooted or did it "just work" on 2 Degress.

Easy Way- Call and ask them. ( vodafone shops, NOT the likes of Noel Leeming)

Hey Wainuitech - yes i have tried that many times , and yes u got the correct "example" to what problem im facing , the outcome is it didn't fix my problem .

And no the phone has not been rooted , i don't know if this is the right answer to your question but when i purchased the phone from Noel Leeming , i found that the phone is from Vodafone's Network and i can also see the box which the phone was in had a stick "Vodafone" but i used 2 degrees Network , just because it is cheaper . So i put the 2 degress Micro- Sim in the phone , so in short phone is from Vodafone but i use it with 2 degrees .

Today i called 2 degrees they say i need to send it to Samsung but as you said try Vodafone so will give them a call and see what happens ???? if all else fails a decision has to be made , mean while write to me anything i could try and do which doesn't involve money .

Thanks

gary67
22-11-2014, 07:35 PM
Doesn't matter if you use 2D or Vodafone, its an Android issue not a network issue. It seems from what I've been reading that the upgrade to Lollipop is causing some phones to go into the endless boot cycle. Lucky for me my S3 mini doesn't upgrade.

plod
22-11-2014, 07:46 PM
I goy an update on my s4 but it wasn't lollipop, but a samsung kies update. Didn't think lollipop was out for s4 yet

gary67
22-11-2014, 09:20 PM
Probably why they are getting bricked

Webdevguy
22-11-2014, 09:35 PM
Doesn't matter if you use 2D or Vodafone, its an Android issue not a network issue. It seems from what I've been reading that the upgrade to Lollipop is causing some phones to go into the endless boot cycle. Lucky for me my S3 mini doesn't upgrade.
Yes, it is an issue with Lollipop. Don't upgrade to it.