PDA

View Full Version : Flash 5 update notification message

19-12-2001, 10:00 AM
I keep receiving a message box notifying me of the fact there is a new flash version available and would like to download the new version.
As the flash 5 is used for annoying advertising only I would like to choose NO. It goes away only to re-appear again when selecting items on the web page. Is there any way to stop such harassment? It would be nice if there was an option to tick 'don't ask me again' on that panel.

19-12-2001, 11:35 AM
i would suggest you download the new flash as lots of web sites use flash. if u are concerned about adds then use a add killer such as a host file or one of the many popup/add killer programs advailable.

19-12-2001, 08:15 PM
Just install the Flash plugin, as most often Flash is used for websites rather than advertising, and really if you just click no you'll get the ads anyway, cause you'll more than likely have Flash 4 already installed and you'll be seeing the ads played on that.

But if you install Flash 5 plugin you'll be able to view lots of pretty neat website stuff that may not show properly on your current version.

19-12-2001, 10:21 PM
Thanks, but that was not the solution I was after.

19-12-2001, 10:23 PM
Thanks, but that was not the solution I was after.

20-12-2001, 10:52 PM
... you *can* stop it, here's how:

Double left-click Internet Explorer's task bar, bottom right corner near the clock. This will open the Internet Security Properties box.

Click on default level for the 'Internet' Zone and move the slider up to 'High' then click apply/okay.

You will need to reverse this process on some sites so as to interact with them (such as making a posting on F.1) but this can be done on the fly and the setting returned when no longer required.

No more pop-up adds and faster loading web pages.

Cheers!!!

e_