PDA

View Full Version : Port Forwarding Problem - Draytek Vigor 2760n

Spudgun
18-11-2014, 09:43 PM
Hello There,

I have recently purchased FIFA 2015 for PC and am looking to forward my ports (It's required, unfortunately). I've set myself up with a static IP and have input the correct ports into my router (under NAT) for forwarding.

However, when I check if my ports are open, via PFConfig (http://portforward.com/help/portcheck.htm), it tells me that they are closed? Have I done something wrong? Here's a few pictures for reference to my port forward settings/static IP. Link Here (http://imgur.com/a/Oez4R)

If anyone could shed some light on, or even give me a bit of insight into what might be happening it would be greatly appreciated :)

Here's a bit more information.. not sure if needed or not.

ISP: BigPipe
Router: DrayTek Vigor 2760n
Static IP: 192.168.1.254
Firewall: ZoneAlarm
Antivirus: BitDefender
Windows Firewall: Disabled

CYaBro
18-11-2014, 10:27 PM
A bit off topic but I see you have the very old Xtra DNS server IP addresses set, 202.27.184.3 & 5, I would get rid of those for a start.
You should just be able to use 192.168.1.1 as your DNS.

Could there be other firewall rules that are blocking the ports?

decibel
18-11-2014, 10:39 PM
I understand BigPipe doesn't have public IP addresses - how are you getting from the internet to your modem?
(192.168.1.254 sounds like your local LAN IP address)

Spudgun
18-11-2014, 11:14 PM
A bit off topic but I see you have the very old Xtra DNS server IP addresses set, 202.27.184.3 & 5, I would get rid of those for a start.
You should just be able to use 192.168.1.1 as your DNS.

Could there be other firewall rules that are blocking the ports?

BigPipe is a new off shoot of Spark. They could potentially be using they're old DNS IPs?

I have ran the game without ZoneAlarm (My Firewall) turned on, so I don't think its that.

I understand BigPipe doesn't have public IP addresses - how are you getting from the internet to your modem?
(192.168.1.254 sounds like your local LAN IP address)

I'm sorry, what do you mean by BigPipe doesn't have public IP addresses? Are they private?

I'm connected to my modem via Ethernet cable. Yeah, 192.168.1.254 is my LAN address, but i figured I would put that there as you need a static LAN address for port forwarding to work correct?

Thanks for the responses so far! Hopefully I can hit this problem on the head :\

berryb
18-11-2014, 11:17 PM
You have opened the ports so data on those ports goes to 192.168.1.254. On 192.168.1.254 you have Zonealarm that will reject the data as that is what Zonealarm does.
Disable Zonealarm and try again. If it works open the ports in Zonealarm.

CYaBro
18-11-2014, 11:18 PM
BigPipe is a new off shoot of Spark. They could potentially be using they're old DNS IPs?

I have ran the game without ZoneAlarm (My Firewall) turned on, so I don't think its that.

Ah I did not know that, that could be it.

If what decibel says is correct then you will need to talk to bigpipe about public IP, or see if they have a system for port forwarding.

Spudgun
18-11-2014, 11:21 PM
Ah I did not know that, that could be it.

If what decibel says is correct then you will need to talk to bigpipe about public IP, or see if they have a system for port forwarding.

What's the difference between public/private IP from a ISP perspective? I wasn't even aware there was a difference in what type of IP you received from your ISP :\

CYaBro
18-11-2014, 11:43 PM
What's the difference between public/private IP from a ISP perspective? I wasn't even aware there was a difference in what type of IP you received from your ISP :\

Because of the shortage of ipv4 internet addressable IP addresses, and the cost of buying them rising, some ISPs are now using transparent proxies and other means of providing the actual internet to customers.
This means that your internet connection actually has a private IP address, on your ISPs network, that isn't accessible from the internet.
This isn't a problem if all you are doing is browsing, downloading, or emails etc but if you want to host your own servers, for games or whatever, you can't do it.
If you want an internet accessible public IP address then you will probably have to pay extra per month for one, or move to a plan that includes one.
The cost is usually around $10 per month for one.

Chilling_Silence
19-11-2014, 11:45 AM
Yeah Public IPs cost more with BigPipe. You won't have one by default with them. Contact them, get one, then you'll be sweet :)

Spudgun
19-11-2014, 08:19 PM
Yeah Public IPs cost more with BigPipe. You won't have one by default with them. Contact them, get one, then you'll be sweet :)

Hey guys just dropping in to say I got in contact with BigPipe and they have given me a public IP, but still the problem persists. Though in saying that I did manage to connect to one game!

Afterwards I tried to connect to another game and got a "NAT Moderate" Error, which I'm guessing means I haven't set up my port forwarding correctly? Would that be right to assume that?

decibel
20-11-2014, 10:31 PM
192.168.1.254 sounds like the IP address of the local port of your router.

You must forward to the IP address of your PC or some routers allow you to use the "name" of your PC. (If you have to use the address, you need to make it static or tell the router to always assign the same address to the PC)

Then you need to allow the program to get through the firewall on the PC; you can turn the firewall off while you are testing the port-forwarding.