PDA

View Full Version : Traffic Usage Checker gone AWOL



Billy T
13-11-2014, 02:10 PM
Hi Team

I normally monitor our data usage daily via TUC, but since the combined efforts of myself and Mrs T rarely exceeding 5GB per month, I've not looked at it for some time.

We have a data limit of 40GB/month, but with the imminent return of Billy Jnr from swanning around the Carribbean on cruise ships, I decided to see what our current usage was but the program simply doesn't work anymore, beyond calling up old log files.

From the logs that I can call up, it appears to have stopped working around August 8th, which may or may not have been associated with Telecom's changeover to Spark, but the config files for TUC no longer mention Xtra so I suspect a possible link there. The old config file required user name and password only, but now it wants an account number as well, but what account number??? I've tried our Spark account number, but that hasn't helped, nor has updating to the latest version of TUC.

Have any other users of TUC experienced this problem?

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :confused:

psycik
13-11-2014, 06:21 PM
Hi Team

I normally monitor our data usage daily via TUC, but since the combined efforts of myself and Mrs T rarely exceeding 5GB per month, I've not looked at it for some time.

We have a data limit of 40GB/month, but with the imminent return of Billy Jnr from swanning around the Carribbean on cruise ships, I decided to see what our current usage was but the program simply doesn't work anymore, beyond calling up old log files.

From the logs that I can call up, it appears to have stopped working around August 8th, which may or may not have been associated with Telecom's changeover to Spark, but the config files for TUC no longer mention Xtra so I suspect a possible link there. The old config file required user name and password only, but now it wants an account number as well, but what account number??? I've tried our Spark account number, but that hasn't helped, nor has updating to the latest version of TUC.

Have any other users of TUC experienced this problem?

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :confused:

It does go. I'm using it with spark myself. And I got it fixed with the recent changes.

My version is 1.90 beta. Not sure if it's been released. There were some account changes a few months before they changed to spark my telecom or something it was called. You might have to have reregistered.

Billy T
13-11-2014, 08:36 PM
It does go. I'm using it with spark myself. And I got it fixed with the recent changes.

My version is 1.90 beta. Not sure if it's been released. There were some account changes a few months before they changed to spark my telecom or something it was called. You might have to have reregistered.

Hi psycik. I think V9.0 has been released because I installed it this morning in an attempt to get the program working again and there as no mention of beta. Unfortunately it was no help and may have just confused the issue.

What were the 'recent changes', and where did you get the 'account number'? Was it from TUC or some other source? Reregistering may be an issue because it is still wedded to my original logon and password, but I'm missing details ofr the new serial number.

Looks like I'll have to start from scratch again, but the odd thing is that I can still pull up the usage logs right through to the day it died.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

Agent_24
17-11-2014, 08:51 AM
I don't need to use the account number. But then I only have one account.

I can eiher use Spark (MySpark) with my MySpark details, or Spark (Legacy) which is the same details as used to login to the XtraMail webmail. I use this because it shows the upload usage in TUC whereas the new MySpark doesn't.

Billy T
21-11-2014, 03:49 PM
All fixed now!

On the advice of the site operator, I updated to the latest beta and it all worked fine using my original logon & password plus Spark Legacy.

Just in time too, Billy Jnr is home from his global wanderings and is just about living on the web.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)