PDA

View Full Version : Surface pro 3

stevenvanduyn
11-11-2014, 06:44 AM
Hello Everybody.
I just seeing if anybody else is using a surface pro 3 and what do you think about it
The gentlemen at the shop told me they selling well here in NZ
I am using one and for the versatile I think its worth it.
But i sure the price has put some people off

Webdevguy
11-11-2014, 06:55 AM
Hello Everybody.
I just seeing if anybody else is using a surface pro 3 and what do you think about it
The gentlemen at the shop told me they selling well here in NZ
I am using one and for the versatile I think its worth it.
But i sure the price has put some people off

The price definitely puts me off for the amount of storage you get.

wainuitech
11-11-2014, 08:29 AM
The price definitely puts me off for the amount of storage you get. The price may seem rather high compared to say a Ipad, but its hard to compare ( see below)

As for storage, it can have MORE than a Ipad if you go to each manufactures site --Ipad =128GB & Surface 3 = 512GB

Ipads start at 16GB and max out at 128GB, Surface start at 64GB and max out at 512GB

So having more storage and a larger Screen ( Surface) will of course cost more. Just tried to compare actual prices, BUT on the Apple site and several other resellers I cant find anywhere that allows you to select 64 or 128GB, in NZ currency and the Surface doesn't go as low as the iPad. :xmouth:

dugimodo
11-11-2014, 08:32 AM
I like the Idea of a windows tablet after trying to get android to play nice with my shared network files. Yeah you can do it but a windows tablet would just work.
The price totally puts me off though, I have a normal laptop I use instead. I have decided a laptop is still better anyway.

It does look like a good device though and I'm sure I'd like it if it wasn't so expensive.

Webdevguy
11-11-2014, 10:42 AM
The price may seem rather high compared to say a Ipad, but its hard to compare ( see below)

As for storage, it can have MORE than a Ipad if you go to each manufactures site --Ipad =128GB & Surface 3 = 512GB

Ipads start at 16GB and max out at 128GB, Surface start at 64GB and max out at 512GB

So having more storage and a larger Screen ( Surface) will of course cost more. Just tried to compare actual prices, BUT on the Apple site and several other resellers I cant find anywhere that allows you to select 64 or 128GB, in NZ currency and the Surface doesn't go as low as the iPad. :xmouth:

Yup, its swings and round-a-bouts, so which ever option you prefer :)

I know of some people who are still trying to adapt to having the portability that an iPad brings but still wanting the usability that they are used to with a laptop with keypad which is required when it comes to typing very long emails or documents.

wainuitech
11-11-2014, 11:25 AM
Yup, its swings and round-a-bouts, so which ever option you prefer :)

I know of some people who are still trying to adapt to having the portability that an iPad brings but still wanting the usability that they are used to with a laptop with keypad which is required when it comes to typing very long emails or documents. Yep swings and roundabouts :) the Surface has full size USB ports, so they can be handy, it can also be purchased with a cover that's a keyboard as well. ( The ipad has the same.)

One of my customers brought a fancy blu-tooth keyboard that's capable of connecting to PC's, Android and iPads-- nice device - damn expensive though.

Webdevguy
11-11-2014, 11:51 AM
Yep swings and roundabouts :) the Surface has full size USB ports, so they can be handy, it can also be purchased with a cover that's a keyboard as well. ( The ipad has the same.)

One of my customers brought a fancy blu-tooth keyboard that's capable of connecting to PC's, Android and iPads-- nice device - damn expensive though.
Definitely handy, good business purchase too :thumbs:

wratterus
11-11-2014, 01:14 PM
Ran one up the other day, I've used all 3 surface series and this one is really in another class. Excellent screen aspect ratio and resolution, very very fast. Definitley recommended.

stevenvanduyn
12-11-2014, 05:41 AM
Ran one up the other day, I've used all 3 surface series and this one is really in another class. Excellent screen aspect ratio and resolution, very very fast. Definitley recommended.

I have surface pro 1, 2 and now 3 and for sure with the size difference, stand, battery and also the keyboard Microsoft have made leaps and bounds making a fantastic computer/tablet