PDA

View Full Version : Open in new window

18-12-2001, 09:58 PM
I.E 5.5.... how does one get the browser to open a new window as a fully maximised window instead of the default half window?

18-12-2001, 10:34 PM
I too am interested in knowing this as well.

And also if there's an HTML or Javascript code that opens a new page fully maximised.

18-12-2001, 11:08 PM
Hello Bruce,

To get your browser to open a new window fully maximised, just open it at the default, then use the drag bars in the corners to make it a full size, IE will then remember this setting and open the new windows maximised from now on.

Alan

18-12-2001, 11:30 PM
TIP...position Window to size (or position) desired - hold down CTRL key and close.

e_

18-12-2001, 11:59 PM
Hi Kame, there is an javascript that will maximise the page.

put this string inside the usual script tags (I won't put those tags in here, cause it may have an adverse effect on the message...

if (self != top) top.location.replace(self.location);
self.moveTo(0,0);self.resizeTo(screen.availWidth,s creen.availHeight);

Hope this works for you :)
Mike

19-12-2001, 01:01 AM
Thanks Alan, that works. I did have to exit I.E and restart for it to take effect though.

19-12-2001, 03:17 PM
If you are opening Internet Explorer or any other application from the task bar then an easy way to set the window size is to right click on the task bar icon. Select properties then pull down the option 'Run' and set to the appropriate windows size. ie. Normal Window, Minimized or Maximized - all USA spelling.

19-12-2001, 04:09 PM
Right click on task bar.
Click both tile horizontal & Vert.Other methods don't appear to carry on to the next session. This I know does on Win95 & IE5.