PDA

View Full Version : Surveillance IP Camera / Software

learning
05-11-2014, 04:00 PM
I need to get a indoor wireless PTZ camera one that runs off AC power supply.

I am also planning on using Blue Iris (http://blueirissoftware.com/) software to manage the camera and later add more cameras to it.

Any recommendation on a good Day and Night PTZ camera that goes along with this software well ?
I don't have the need to record audio.

I need to be able to view the Camera feed remotely from PC and via iPhone / Android phone App.
I also want to be able to receive email alerts with motion detection feature.

Cheers

berryb
09-11-2014, 10:16 PM
When purchasing an IP camera you need to use one that is supported by the software or NVR you are going to use. The Blue Iris website shows a list of tested IP cameras and you would have to purchase one from the list to be assured it works with their software. The same goes for any future cameras.

The software does all the remote access for PC, iPhone etc so as long as it supports this function then it will work and not related to the camera purchased.

If using an analog camera then you will have to work out how Blue Iris integrates the video feed. Normally this is done by an add on card.

berryb
09-11-2014, 10:23 PM
Also some cameras brands come with their own software for free. For example ACTi cameras come with free software.

learning
13-11-2014, 06:40 PM
Thanks, I didnt even see the list of cameras on BlueIris site. I will go thru them.