PDA

View Full Version : Video Driver

lostsoul62
08-10-2014, 01:00 PM
I put Wolfenstein the new order on my computer AMD 955 and it has a 5750 video card and it said that it would play the game with that video card but when I tried to play the game it said "Your graphics driver may be outdated. It is recommend that you use Catalyst Driver 14.4 or newer and I think I have 12.1 so how can I update my driver?

pctek
08-10-2014, 01:24 PM
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Woody
18-10-2014, 12:22 PM
I put Wolfenstein the new order on my computer AMD 955 and it has a 5750 video card and it said that it would play the game with that video card but when I tried to play the game it said "Your graphics driver may be outdated. It is recommend that you use Catalyst Driver 14.4 or newer and I think I have 12.1 so how can I update my driver?

I note Lost Soul's query.
I have just installed Wolfenstein New Order along with the necessary Steam Account but can't get it to run. It appears to have also down loaded extra update stuff from the internet even though I installed it from the 4 CD set. Legit.
I'm wondering if it is trying to run from the internet rather than my installation.
Anybody else with a better brain than mine tried this game?
Any help would be appreciated.

dugimodo
18-10-2014, 12:46 PM
What happens when you try to run it? Steam games update when installed, in some cases they even download most of the game despite you having the disks. Stupid but it happens.
I've played the game through twice and did have a few minor issues with graphics drivers but otherwise loved it. I bought mine online from steam and downloaded the whole thing though.

Woody
18-10-2014, 03:38 PM
What happens when you try to run it? Steam games update when installed, in some cases they even download most of the game despite you having the disks. Stupid but it happens.
I've played the game through twice and did have a few minor issues with graphics drivers but otherwise loved it. I bought mine online from steam and downloaded the whole thing though.

Thanks Dugi

I bought my copy from JB HiFi
If I select the "Wolfenstein" shortcut icon on the desktop - a very brief flash of "Wolfenstein New Order Steam" then back to desktop.
If I select "Steam" shortcut, a window with a number of game choices with "Wolfenstein" the main selection. From this an option to "Play" gives a brief display as above - " Wolfenstein New Order **** etc.

The "Play" option does not start the game.
Wee bit lost at the moment I'm afraid.

Agent_24
21-10-2014, 10:33 PM
Either pirate it or put up with the garbage because Steam is junk.

dugimodo
22-10-2014, 05:55 AM
There is a cracked executable around that fixes some of the graphics issues (which begs the question why ID couldn't do it officially) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ywcZhyv4Yw
Forgot I'd used that myself in order to get the game to play smoothly. Worth a try.