PDA

View Full Version : Slingshot Global / BBC / iPad

Renegade
25-09-2014, 10:22 AM
Anyone managed to get BBC content working on an iPad? I looked at one yesterday and the BBC content kept throwing up these errors:

The Operation Could Not Be completed
Content doesn't seem to be work be working. Please try again later

I took my netbook along and it worked fine on that. Google didn't help much, did the usual clear browser cache/cookies, etc. Installed Chome thinking it may be an issue with Safari but same problem. :(

25-09-2014, 12:25 PM
Could it be that some BBC content is region locked
ie BBC try to block NZ from viewing some content

Renegade
25-09-2014, 12:31 PM
Played back OK on my netbook through their global mode Slingshot connection though. Turned off region info on the iPad as well. Thinking it's some annoying iPad issue. When I turned off global mode I got the region error message. TVNZ on demand plays fine too with Global Mode on.

Webdevguy
25-09-2014, 06:22 PM
Anyone managed to get BBC content working on an iPad? I looked at one yesterday and the BBC content kept throwing up these errors:

The Operation Could Not Be completed
Content doesn't seem to be work be working. Please try again later

I took my netbook along and it worked fine on that. Google didn't help much, did the usual clear browser cache/cookies, etc. Installed Chome thinking it may be an issue with Safari but same problem. :(

It should work
http://news.bbc.co.uk/nol/ukfs_news/hi/newsid_8660000/newsid_8668600/8668685.stm

lakewoodlady
26-09-2014, 12:20 AM
Can you download their iplayer onto your ipad. I can get it ok on pc and droid. So far haven't tried on ipad, maybe will see tomorrow .

LL

Renegade
26-09-2014, 12:28 AM
I'll have to take another look, I was getting frustrated after an hour with no luck. I was going through Safari and tried a couple of random shows from http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer. Don't have an ipad myself.

Renegade
29-09-2014, 06:26 PM
This seemed to sort itself out with an ios update.

Greg
30-09-2014, 08:52 AM
Urm... why are you guys talking i**** in a usually normal PC forum? Hmm

I don't mean to say that "i" should be verboten, per se, but c'mon, let's let proper operating systems be the appropriate discussion.

Renegade
30-09-2014, 11:06 AM
:confused:
I guess the same reason PCWorld have articles on iPhones, iOS, Android, and all sorts of other techy stuff

http://www.pcworld.co.nz/

30-09-2014, 01:05 PM

I don't mean to say that "i" should be verboten, per se, but c'mon, let's let proper operating systems be the appropriate discussion.

proper ???
So its windows or nothing??
Ithings & Androids are replacing PC's & laptops, so ithings very much deserve to be here .

Webdevguy
30-09-2014, 02:31 PM

You seem to be stuck somewhere in the end of last century, Greg ;).