PDA

View Full Version : ipod shuffle

jontee
12-09-2014, 11:56 AM
Got cook an ipod shuffle changed .mp3 to there format using itunes but only get half the music as the files have increased in size.
Question is; If I rename mp3 as ma4 and put on through itunes will they play as normal on ipod ? Put mp3 on as mp3 (copy & paste not through itunes) but would only play one song over and over and >>>>>>>>
Anything I read is all "gobbly gook" to me
Would try and do it my self but it took me about 3 days to get them on and still don't know how I did it. (Just can't seem to work out itunes)
Old duck goes in for hip opp next week so don't want to bugga it up
Thanks in advance.

dugimodo
12-09-2014, 12:33 PM
I don't own an ipod so I can help you with specifics but I know you can load the MP3's directly into itunes and from there to the shuffle, no need to convert them.
Google "put MP3 on iPod shuffle" and try some of the youtube guides. I'd find one for you but I can't watch youtube at work to see if they are any good.

Renaming the files will not work most likely as they will contain the wrong codec for the file type. Also in itunes with the device connected you should be able to specify the file quality for converting files. Setting it lower will allow more on if you do want to change format (I personally wouldn't - changing from one lossy compression to another always loses some quality)

jontee
12-09-2014, 03:28 PM
Thanks for that will give it a go cut & paste does not work and when connected says to sync with iTunes so will see what happens. Ta Cheers