PDA

View Full Version : Windows 8.1.1

tut
07-09-2014, 03:00 PM
I see mention of an upgrade to W8.1 (which I have)

I am not in good health at the moment so haven't probably been keeping up to date with computer type things.

Where and how does one get W8.1.1?

Thanks

wainuitech
07-09-2014, 03:13 PM
Run windows update manually, it will come through.

If unsure how -- Open the control Panel - Windows updates - run it.

If you are still only running W8 then you need to bring through the updates first manually as above roughly 900MB of them. Then from the start screen click on the Green Store Icon, click on the large purple Upgrade to 8.1, let it download and install - 3.6GB, then go back and run windows updates again manually to bring through the few that are left over. :)

tut
17-09-2014, 04:56 PM
Run windows update manually, it will come through.

If unsure how -- Open the control Panel - Windows updates - run it.

If you are still only running W8 then you need to bring through the updates first manually as above roughly 900MB of them. Then from the start screen click on the Green Store Icon, click on the large purple Upgrade to 8.1, let it download and install - 3.6GB, then go back and run windows updates again manually to bring through the few that are left over. :)

Hi wainuitech.
Thanks for the reply. Still laid up with a bad dose of Bronchitis so haven't tried anything yet.
Will do as soon as I feel a bit better

wainuitech
17-09-2014, 05:08 PM
You been around my SWMBO ? , shes had that as well for the last of week. Had the bed to myself, as soon as she lays down cough cough cough. Told her she has to be like a horse and sleep standing up.:D That idea didn't go to well ;)

tut
17-09-2014, 05:13 PM
You been around my SWMBO ? , shes had that as well for the last of week. Had the bed to myself, as soon as she lays down cough cough cough. Told her she has to be like a horse and sleep standing up.:D That idea didn't go to well ;)

I bet that didn't go down well.
I tried it but kept falling over when I went to sleep.

Resorted to sleeping sitting up in bed.

Trying to type and cough at the same time results in something resembling Klingon.

wainuitech
17-09-2014, 05:39 PM
I bet that didn't go down well.
I tried it but kept falling over when I went to sleep.

Resorted to sleeping sitting up in bed.

Trying to type and cough at the same time results in something resembling Klingon.SWMBO sits in the Lazyboy, slightly reclined, seems to work. Got meds from the Dr, slowly getting better. Still moans so every things Normal ( waiting for clip around the ear ) lol

linw
17-09-2014, 10:18 PM
Yea, that bloody cough thing is all around. Both of us, here, have had it for weeks. Not as bad as reported above but still a damned nuisance.