PDA

View Full Version : dell all inone computre

Lillia101080
02-09-2014, 08:29 AM
I have a dell all in one and wanted to know why do i get pop ups at the bottom of my screen how do i fix that os is windsow 7

wainuitech
02-09-2014, 09:03 AM
Bit more info please.

What sort of pop ups ?

Without actually knowing what type, they could be updates relating to inbuilt software, could be Dell pop ups, could also be malware ????

pctek
02-09-2014, 09:31 AM
Most likely mlaware. You should have 1 antivirus - a good one, NOD32 is good, and at least 2 antispywares in addition to that.

Spybot, MalwareBytes, Superantispyware.

With those, you must manually update the malware definitions before scanning, they are not generally automatic on the free versions.
Scan at least once a week.

And always be careful when installing software, many by default install unwanted stuff like this, best to install in Advanced or Custom mode and read each screen, it will inform you what else will be installed - and you can untick the agreement box usually.

pctek
02-09-2014, 09:33 AM
Most likely mlaware. You should have 1 antivirus - a good one, NOD32 is good, and at least 2 antispywares in addition to that.

Spybot, MalwareBytes, Superantispyware.

With those, you must manually update the malware definitions before scanning, they are not generally automatic on the free versions.
Scan at least once a week.

And always be careful when installing software, many by default install unwanted stuff like this, best to install in Advanced or Custom mode and read each screen, it will inform you what else will be installed - and you can untick the agreement box usually.

Lillia101080
02-09-2014, 12:02 PM
stuff like my drivers are outdated just stupid ads.
every time i click on something it brings be to a different tab. i don't like that. and i want to change my home page to the quick start and i don't know how could you help me please thank you

Speedy Gonzales
02-09-2014, 12:07 PM
If you want put teamviewer (http://www.teamviewer.com) on it. Thats if the site isnt full of ads.

Then install it. It'll give you an ID and password. Send them to me in a PM. And I can log in and check it out

You'll see what I'm doing

Speedy Gonzales
02-09-2014, 01:29 PM
Its full of spyware just using malwarebytes now. 850 or so found ! Must have been 40-50 tasks in task scheduler running. Just about to reboot

Speedy Gonzales
02-09-2014, 04:37 PM
It should be OK now, had to use adwcleaner to remove searchprotect. It didnt want to leave :lol: Bloody annoying so and so. Couldn't uninstall it or delete its folder.

And it removed a few remnants of the programs / entries malwarebytes removed