PDA

View Full Version : Windows explorer not responding?

micky
23-08-2014, 05:18 PM
Windows explorer not responding? Windows 7 When I go to Downloads freezes, Do I need to delete some of the older downloads or has this nothing to due with the problem.

Speedy Gonzales
23-08-2014, 05:27 PM
This can happen if something you've installed isnt compatible. Like codecs or maybe something that gets added to the right mouse when you click on a file. If ccleaner is installed run it then go to tools / startup / context menu. Disable everything here. See if it still freezes

micky
23-08-2014, 06:05 PM
Hi Speedy

I tried CC 1st but still the same all I have starting now is =

HKCU:Run Plex Media Server
HKCU:Run Skype
HKCU:Run utorrent
HKLM:Run equi
Startup User Dropbox.lnk

I tried to disable HKLM:Run equi and it wouldn't is this something important?

Speedy Gonzales
23-08-2014, 07:07 PM
Never heard of this one HKLM:Run equi whats the path to it?? Does it have one? Did you disable everything (if there's anything under the context tab too)?

wainuitech
23-08-2014, 07:56 PM
Open the eventvwr, click start, type in eventvwr select it, look at the windows logs / System. Look to see if there are a lot of errors around the time it freezes, if so what are they ? also look to see if there are a bunch of SideByside errors. If there are, download and install THIS (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5582)

micky
23-08-2014, 08:36 PM
Thanks Wain that did the trick I tried googleing but that just opens a can of worms, so had to ask pcworld forum brilliant:thumbs: