PDA

View Full Version : Unlocking LG mobile phone.

Hitech
21-08-2014, 09:28 PM
Ive recently switched phone providers and am currently with 2 degrees , I also want to be able to use my other simcard from spark on my lg phone but can't because it is locked. I have tried using the key my old provider skinny gave me but it failed to work. Lg gave me a code which is meant to unlock my phone which is to do with network sim subset unlock which im then told to enter a 16 digit number but that doesn't work either no matter what I do cant seem to get anybody to help me so I don't have to spend another $100 odd dollars or more on a new phone.

Is there anybody who knows what 16 digit key I need to unlock my lg3 optimus lg425 phone please would really appreciate it.

Everytime I put in a simcard that's not a skinny sim I get this message this simcard is subset sim locked whatever that means please can somebody help.

Speedy Gonzales
21-08-2014, 10:10 PM
Is it a L3 II E425?? It looks like, with quite a few of the LG's you type in 2945#*425# in your case (if this is your phone). Then you maybe able to put in this 16 digit number when the next screen comes up

Hitech
24-08-2014, 09:10 PM
Hi Speedy yes it is a 425 and have tried the above number you put in but I don't have a 16 digit number however skinny sent me a 16 digit number on Thursday and I put it in and still doesn't unlock looks like this phone is a rare unlockable one which is annoying cause it cost me near on 200 to buy and now I can't use it on any other network other than skinny which is most annoying.

Speedy Gonzales
25-08-2014, 11:34 AM
I would go back to Skinny then. If they gave you the code, they should be able to tell you where to type it in

Hitech
25-08-2014, 08:40 PM
I did I rung skinny I know where the code goes but the one they gave me doesn't work and that was the only one they had.

Speedy Gonzales
29-08-2014, 04:55 PM
Your first post sounds confusing! So you want the spark sim to work on the 2 degrees phone? Or do you want (both) the spark and the Skinny sim to work on the 2 degrees phone?

I dont think you have 2 of them on the same phone. If this is what youre trying to do