PDA

View Full Version : Mail Folder List

Poppa John
21-08-2014, 07:40 PM
Hi All

Using W8.1 & Outlook Mail.

So I want to put an email into a folder. I click on the email & drag it to a folder...but...The folder page moves & the target folder "runs away".

Why is this, how do I stop it? Thanks. PJ

Jen
21-08-2014, 09:17 PM
Woah, must be a scary email...

Apart from that, what happens if you open the target folder first and then drag across the email?

wainuitech
21-08-2014, 11:07 PM
Right click on the mail - move - Select folder - OK

linw
22-08-2014, 09:45 AM
Woah, must be a scary email...

snip

Gave me a laugh, Jen!!

dugimodo
22-08-2014, 05:19 PM
If you are moving it to a folder within outlook do what Wainui suggested, if you are moving to a windows folder try rick clicking, select copy, navigate to the folder, right click within it, select paste. Does that work?

At work I do what you describe all the time. I have a dual screen setup and I open outlook on one and file explorer on the other and just drag across, works fine. I'm struggling to figure out what you mean when you say it moves and the folder runs away. where does it go?

On a single screen setup if the program is shifting focus the window may dissappear behind the active one, if that happens you can usually drag and hold the file onto the hidden programs tab on the task bar, wait for the window to pop up, and then continue dragging onto it. I don't think that's what you are describing though?

Poppa John
22-08-2014, 05:41 PM
Right click on the mail - move - Select folder - OK

Ok all done. Thanks. PJ