PDA

View Full Version : W8.1 & Windows Live

Poppa John
13-08-2014, 01:36 PM
On the Asus laptop I am using MS Outlook. On some things, such as one from My Pictures, if I want to send a picture it insists on using Windows live mail. I also sometimes get a prompt to make my preffered sender WL mail. The Boss also wants me to do this. So...If I do, what will happen? Will everything in Outlook, addresses, folders etc migrate as well. What problems am I likely to encounter? PJ

wainuitech
13-08-2014, 02:27 PM
Last time I looked WL Mail cant import a pst file ( which is what's in Outlook) so none of your mails, or contacts will come across unless you have them kept on the server. You would have to export the contacts to something like a .csv File, then import from that.

The only reason you are getting prompts for WLM and pictures is because you may be right clicking ( or selecting the option) to send Via email. If you were to open outlook as normal, create a mail, and attach a picture it will send fine with no prompts.

Poppa John
13-08-2014, 05:01 PM
Last time I looked WL Mail cant import a pst file ( which is what's in Outlook) so none of your mails, or contacts will come across unless you have them kept on the server. You would have to export the contacts to something like a .csv File, then import from that.

The only reason you are getting prompts for WLM and pictures is because you may be right clicking ( or selecting the option) to send Via email. If you were to open outlook as normal, create a mail, and attach a picture it will send fine with no prompts.

W...Your second Para is spot on. Will have to tghink about this. Thanks. PJ