PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used dc-battery.co.nz site?

johnd
12-08-2014, 09:40 PM
I was looking for a spare battery for my new camera so I ordered from dc-battery.co.nz. I ordered on 23 July and there is no sign of the product at this stage - which may be OK if it is coming direct from overseas??

The problem is that they do not respond to any emails requesting information on the progress of the order. I am wondering if I have been a bit lax in choosing the business to deal with since there is no phone number on the web page!

I have no evidence that they have done anything other than taken my money!

Does any one else have any dealings with this company?

Thanks
John

wainuitech
12-08-2014, 10:15 PM
Never used them and wouldn't.

From No Cowboys - Under Ratings Tab :( http://www.nocowboys.co.nz/businesses/DC-Battery-New-Zealand

Seems the UK branch is no better https://nz.trustpilot.com/review/www.dc-battery.co.uk

johnd
12-08-2014, 10:43 PM
OK - I have gotten a bit slack in checking out a place before purchasing - looks like a lesson learnt!

Any action that can be taken?

wainuitech
13-08-2014, 08:58 AM
As someone in the no cowboys wrote "This company just seems to be a front for a Hong Kong"

They don't have any contacts apart from an email , which they don't appear to answer, so unless you can reverse the transaction via your bank (call them,explain what happened, they may be able to reverse it) , or if you used something like paypal which can be reversed in cases of being fake (AFAIK), its possible, if the goods don't show that the money is lost.

Agent_24
13-08-2014, 12:14 PM
http://www.dc-battery.co.nz/shipping.php says it should only take a week

13-08-2014, 02:27 PM
Asian Couriers & customs are REALLY having a crack down on sending batts via Air. Officially batts often cant be sent by air mail/couier
It may have been sent via BOAT, if so allow 2.5 months for delivery (I found this out the hard way, 2 months+ delivery time)
Else orders from asia can take anywhere from 1 week to 6 months: from personal experience

Did they give you a tracking number ?

pctek
13-08-2014, 04:24 PM
Well, try mine, trying to find a battery for an older De Walt drill. The compatible ones on TM don't fit.
Ebay seems to have this issue judging by the feedback, from Asia, some dodgy feedbacks.

Best bet so far seems to be new off Amazon......but I'd never order from some place with either researching them or having know people who have or having used them before.

Agent_24
13-08-2014, 05:16 PM
I had no issue ordering a NiCd battery pack for my cordless phone on eBay over a year ago, got here in approx. 2 weeks from China. Had to order more recently and went for the same seller, this time it took 7 weeks.

Well, try mine, trying to find a battery for an older De Walt drill. The compatible ones on TM don't fit.
Ebay seems to have this issue judging by the feedback, from Asia, some dodgy feedbacks.

You could try rebuilding the pack yourself, order new cells instead of a whole pack.

johnd
13-08-2014, 07:54 PM
An update - I got a reply from dc-battery.co.nz by saying I would involve the Police if they did not respond. It worked so it proves they are reading emails but choosing not to respond.

Thank you for your email. We are deeply sorry for such inconvenient cause to you. Since you have not receive your order. A refund has been issued to you. Please allow 3-5 working days to show up in your account.

Thank you for your understanding. Have a nice evening.

Best regards,
DC-Battery
I did not ask for a refund (frankly I would rather the battery arrived) but if this happens it will be a satisfactory outcome.

>Did they give you a tracking number ?

No - until last night's email there has been absolutely no communication.

linw
13-08-2014, 10:31 PM
We'll wait for 3-5 days for the news!

plod
13-08-2014, 11:03 PM

Best bet so far seems to be new off Amazon......but I'd never order from some place with either researching them or having know people who have or having used them before.
Have you tried here (http://www.thebatterycellonline.co.nz/webapps/category/87668/206016/44120)

pctek
14-08-2014, 08:29 AM
Have you tried here (http://www.thebatterycellonline.co.nz/webapps/category/87668/206016/44120)

Not very cheap.....and wrong battery.
Original is a DC9098.......not DW...

What he did for now is swap the cells around from both batteries (he has 2 drills) to get one OK battery.

Then I shall order from Amazon....I spent days searching all over the place......best I could find without random no idea if they are legit sites. Amazon is $54 inc shipping. And their shipping is pretty high.

linw
14-08-2014, 10:49 AM
"Not very cheap.....and wrong battery." Apart from that, sounds perfect:)

CliveM
14-08-2014, 12:26 PM
"Not very cheap.....and wrong battery." Apart from that, sounds perfect:)

It is often quicker and more cost effective to just purchase a new tool and discard the old one.

pctek
14-08-2014, 01:29 PM
It is often quicker and more cost effective to just purchase a new tool and discard the old one.

Not when it's a De Walt.

johnd
16-08-2014, 09:13 PM
The good news is that they paid me the refund! I was not really expecting that! In fact I didn't ask for that - all I was asking was "Where is my battery?". I was like they were guilty or something!