PDA

View Full Version : Ebola Overview

zqwerty
11-08-2014, 03:18 PM
Tracing Ebola’s Breakout to an African 2-Year-Old:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/10/world/africa/tracing-ebolas-breakout-to-an-african-2-year-old.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&version=LargeMediaHeadlineSum&module=photo-spot-region&region=photo-spot&WT.nav=photo-spot&_r=1

paulw
11-08-2014, 04:11 PM
The only way to stop this is to develop a vaccine fast or quarantine the whole of west Africa because if this get in to Europe it will spread real fast..

B.M.
11-08-2014, 05:17 PM
Is it like AIDs, Bird Flu, Swine Flu, Y2K Bug, Global Warming…………………..? :eek:

I think I’ll take my chances. :D

11-08-2014, 05:36 PM
....if this get in to Europe it will spread real fast..

no it wont. Not all that contagious (yet)
Thats why all of Africa isnt dead from it, and some are even immune

If it mutates , could be a problem, but so could so many virus's
Look how many died worldwide from the flu in 1918, compare to the total no of deaths from media popular things like bird flu.

dont panic.

pctek
12-08-2014, 10:24 AM
Big fuss.......it's hard to catch it, it's hard to spread it.

They resist proper treatment, there was a news article recently where workers went in in suits to a village and were prevented from getting to the affected people.
They want to keep their relative with them.....an excellent way to keep spreading it.

Most viruses don't kill the host, it's not in their interest. Even this one - a particularly vicious, nasty type, doesn't kill all.

The affected are about .0006% of Africas population - hardly a pandemic.

Even if affected people did turn up in Europe - most of the place has proper medical care......they sure wouldn't be leaving corpses in the street or the ill at home with other relatives providing zero treatment and bad care.

B.M.
12-08-2014, 10:44 AM
But there is a $ in it. ;)

Check HERE (http://seekingalpha.com/article/1107811-speculative-flu-vaccine-stocks-to-consider-novavax-ibio-biocryst-and-inovio)

mzee
12-08-2014, 03:36 PM
Ebola and Aids are similar in that they are both carried by wildlife. Ebola is carried by a species of Bat, and Aids by Monkeys. I had one of these Monkey's as a pet. In the case of Aids I believe that the African's immune systems have been weakened by several generations of European medicine rendering them vulnerable to both diseases.

R2x1
12-08-2014, 07:34 PM
So avoid mothers-in-law, and you should be safe from Ebola? Sweet treatment, that'll get better compliance than vaccination. ;)