PDA

View Full Version : Transferring Aussie itunes to new computer

amyes5
03-08-2014, 02:08 PM
Prior to itunes landing in NZ I was able to download the Australian store on my XP computer.I now want to transfer this to another computer running W7.It's not possible to download the Aussie one again as it always defaults to the NZ site.In order to transfer over can I : 1.Just copy the entire folder and put it on my W7 computer? or 2.Rerun the original setup file which I still have and then update? or 3.Use something like Laplink PC mover? or 4. Any other way. Thanks

Webdevguy
03-08-2014, 02:31 PM
Prior to itunes landing in NZ I was able to download the Australian store on my XP computer.I now want to transfer this to another computer running W7.It's not possible to download the Aussie one again as it always defaults to the NZ site.In order to transfer over can I : 1.Just copy the entire folder and put it on my W7 computer? or 2.Rerun the original setup file which I still have and then update? or 3.Use something like Laplink PC mover? or 4. Any other way. Thanks

You should just be able to copy the folder over to your new PC.

or
Starting in the Australian iTunes store, I go through the process of signing into the UK iTunes store up until the point it asks for my credit card information.

I then click the 'X' in the top left of iTunes to exit the store.

Now when I click on my Apps Updates button it shows me what UK Apps I have that are available to update.

You can't download these as at this point I've changed the store I'm viewing, but haven't officially switched accounts. Not to worry.

I write down the names of the UK Apps to update.

Then, use the 'search store' field in the top right of iTunes to search for one of the Apps.

Once you've found it, click to buy it / download it.

iTunes recognises that the App is already in your account and downloads it again for free….

… now I'm HOPING that that App is now fully within my Australian account… unfortunately only time will tell once there is a new update for it.

I'll let you know.

wainuitech
03-08-2014, 04:22 PM
As webdevguy pointed outs, simply copy the existing folder(s) containing the music/videos to the new Computer ( Copy/Paste) if they are not networked, you may need to copy the contents on an external drive, then copy/paste to the new computer.

In Itunes if it doesn't auto detect the new files added,open Itunes, From the File Menu, select Add Folder, navigate to the Itunes folder, select it and it will import everything.

If you wanted to change the country location, sign into the iTunes store as normal, click on your sign in/Account/ From the Apple ID Summary, select Country/Region.