PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else got Xtra Email problems?

ruup
01-08-2014, 05:19 PM
Anyone else got Xtra Email problems?

wratterus
01-08-2014, 05:42 PM
Yes very broken

wainuitech
01-08-2014, 05:47 PM
Yes very broken So whats new with that :p

Should be more of a case whens it working correctly. :D

sroby
01-08-2014, 07:00 PM
And yet its 100% working, acccording to telecom
http://store.telecom.co.nz/static/html/service.html
"Email service status all clear "

Come on telecom, whats the point of a status page if you dont update it. Oh its Friday,everyone went home at Telecom ?
a banana for you , I just wanna check my email

:banana

Speedy Gonzales
01-08-2014, 08:37 PM
According to their FB post 2 hrs ago

Hi everyone, thanks for reporting your issues with logging in to YahooXtra email. It appears that it's been fixed, but we are still looking into it and will provide more info as we have it. If you are still having trouble, please send us a private message. Sorry for the hassle and thanks for your patience!. Too bad if you're not on FB

An hr ago

Hi everyone - Yahoo have informed us that there was a slight glitch at their end which caused the delays in logins. This should have been fixed by now, but if you're still having trouble, please send us a private message with your email address and information about what email programme you are using.

Thats when someone also said why dont you update the status page too then?? TC didnt answer. There's like 9-10 replies in the last hr saying it's still not working

wainuitech
01-08-2014, 09:04 PM
From Speedys post
but if you're still having trouble, please send us a private message with your email address and information about what email programme you are using. Anyone else see the problem with that ?

What they are really saying is --- we dont have a clue whats wrong, but contact us and we will talk you through all your settings, then tell you theres nothing wrong and the problem is something else on your computer.

Ignore the fact the mail may have been working fine for a while on the correct settings which have not been changed, and lots of other people are also having the same problems ;)

:tui:

pctek
02-08-2014, 07:11 AM
You don't need to use their email just because they are your ISP.
I don't.

Why would anyone bother? Yahoo mail is a piece of **** and issues are endless.

bk T
02-08-2014, 12:16 PM
I have been using it for more than 10 years and am considering to ditch it. They just don't bother to fix it. Enough is enough!

How do I keep all my previous emails? I'm using Outlook 2010 for all my emails. I do have gmail and hotmail accounts.

If I delete the xtramail from my Outlook, will all my emails stay as it is or they will be deleted together with the xtramail account?

Renegade
02-08-2014, 02:38 PM
^You could setup Gmail to use imap, then drag all the Xtra messages into it. Setup forwarding from Xtra -> Gmail and delete the Xtra account from Outlook.

SP8's
02-08-2014, 03:58 PM
Don't worry peoples ... it'll all come good when SPARK takes over :rolleyes:

inphinity
02-08-2014, 06:08 PM
Don't worry peoples ... it'll all come good when SPARK takes over :rolleyes:

Hopefully they will bring it back inhouse, and it would be fine. The issue is that Yahoo are hopeless at mail (and search, and pretty much everything else). Spark just need to host their own mail infrastructure again.

berryb
02-08-2014, 10:02 PM
"Setup forwarding from Xtra -> Gmail" - Can this be done? If so where does one find the forwarding option within Xtra webmail? I have never found the option and have used Gmail to POP the Xtra account.

"Spark just need to host their own mail infrastructure again." - maybe this is why this are changing their name. From my understanding (I could be wrong) Telecom sold the xtra.co.nz mail to Yahoo and contract it back. Maybe we will see smtp.spark.co.nz soon!!

Renegade
02-08-2014, 10:19 PM
Forwarding instructions here: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail/SLN3525.html
This is for Yahoo, but it should work. Did this for a couple of people recently who have had enough of the ongoing Xtra problems.

Wonder if new customers will get a @xtra address or will they introduce @spark?

berryb
03-08-2014, 12:04 PM
Great thanks. Don't know why I have never found that forwarding setting before. :)

Renegade
03-08-2014, 12:31 PM
They changed it not long ago, I spent ages poking around trying to find it!

Rod J
03-08-2014, 12:49 PM
You can also ask Gmail to get email from your xtra (and other) accounts too. There are a number of options: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/21289?hl=en

berryb
03-08-2014, 10:51 PM
Gmail can POP but there is no way to configure how often it checks for mail - well there wasn't last I checked. There are ways to trick Gmail to check more often but that's not ideal. I have customers sick of Xtra mail and want either a Gmail or own domain mail. So being able to forward Xtra Mail is better than POP via Gmail as email will arrive quicker.