PDA

View Full Version : Facebook - Blocking photos shared by various people from one source

Morgenmuffel
01-08-2014, 10:51 AM
Greetings

The problem, My facebook page is being inundated by propaganda being shared by a number of people I know, they are resharing pretty much every facebook post from a political parties leaders facebook page, I decided to block that particular leader in my settings, but that doesn't seem to block the posts (I assume) because he isn't the one sharing the posts his followers are.

My question is how do i block shares from multiple people but that originate at the one source

Disclaimer------------

Politics, I have my views, others have theirs but I don't believe you should try forcing your views on others when they say they are not interested.

Unfortunately some people I know who are otherwise sane became utterly vitriolic near an election (almost to a jihadist type degree) when you don't agree with their viewpoints, currently I am getting rather a lot of left wing crap which if anything is having the reverse effect to what they are intending, in fact i am trying to find a part to the extreme right of ACT at the moment

linw
01-08-2014, 12:40 PM
Don't know the answer but I know how you feel.

pcuser42
01-08-2014, 12:43 PM
Unfriend the person doing the sharing :p

Whenu
01-08-2014, 02:57 PM
Top right hand side of the posts is a little chevron, click on there and look at the options.

linw
02-08-2014, 12:37 PM
Unfriend the person doing the sharing :p
Yea, that does it!

Morgenmuffel
06-08-2014, 11:31 AM
Top right hand side of the posts is a little chevron, click on there and look at the options.

Cheers Whetu

It appears i can actually block the shared photo site without blocking the person

Webdevguy
06-08-2014, 12:07 PM
Greetings

The problem, My facebook page is being inundated by propaganda being shared by a number of people I know, they are resharing pretty much every facebook post from a political parties leaders facebook page, I decided to block that particular leader in my settings, but that doesn't seem to block the posts (I assume) because he isn't the one sharing the posts his followers are.

My question is how do i block shares from multiple people but that originate at the one source

Disclaimer------------

Politics, I have my views, others have theirs but I don't believe you should try forcing your views on others when they say they are not interested.

Unfortunately some people I know who are otherwise sane became utterly vitriolic near an election (almost to a jihadist type degree) when you don't agree with their viewpoints, currently I am getting rather a lot of left wing crap which if anything is having the reverse effect to what they are intending, in fact i am trying to find a part to the extreme right of ACT at the moment

You will need to go through your account settings ( the down arrow on the far right of the page) then settings>notifications then work through all of those lists and uncheck the stuff that you don't want to be notified about.